60: Monster

Allana

These days haven't been quiet. Coruscant has been rising from the Separatist attack well but slowly, as everything in life, recovery takes its time. Some Senators have been trying to vote against the bill of creating more troops while others were pushing it.

The motion was halfway through when we were called to the distant Sullust System, where the Republic and Separatist fleets have collided. Yularen called the Temple for reinforcements and they called Anakin, Kenobi and I to get the job done. Ani commanded Ahsoka to stay and help Padmé if needed, she didn't refuse. I assume that after everything that she has learned, she understands that staying was the best option.

When we arrived everything was chaos, ships being tore down to pieces, debris everywhere, red and blue blasts flying in all directions. As we approached we saw how a single vessel destroyed half of the cruiser's bridge and flew in between the two towers.

"Oh dear." Said Obi-Wan from the opposite side of the line as we saw how the Jedi cruiser started to catch fire. "That's not good, who's piloting that ship?"

"I have no idea, but whoever that is, is now behind us." Said Anakin as R6 scanned the enemy vessel. The model was familiar, elegant, sophisticated...oh no. As soon as I realised, a blast hit the left side of my ship from behind, it was not critical but she hit me.

"I'm hit." I informed.

"Ventress." Said Anakin. Now that she's closer, I could sense her, her power and her intentions.

"Split up." Kenobi ordered and we obeyed. I continued forward while Kenobi moved to the left and Anakin to the right. When I dove down and the boys piloted away, she followed behind me. She's like General Grievous in that way, she'll always go for the one who's injured.

"Looks like I'm her favourite today." I said with sarcasm as I flew away from the assassin.

"I'm kind of disappointed, only the droids followed me." Said Ani jokingly and I smiled.

"That makes two." Obi-Wan added and I smiled more.

"Yeah, lucky you." I piloted my fighter around the entire place, —specially the Separatists' side so that the attacks would hit their ships— buying time for my astromech to control the damage and get her off my heels but she was flying close behind and fired her cannons at me at all times. The red attacks landed on the metallic surface of the enemy vessels as the beeping of an alarm inside the cockpit started to annoy me while I dodged more attacks. "Gentlemen, are you done with your problem so that you come? I think I'm gonna need some help, my flying tricks aren't helping." I added as I spinned my fighter to avoid her attacks but it wasn't helping that much.

"Where are you?" Asked Skywalker as her attacks intensified and I made everything I could to stay away from her scanners so that she didn't hit me again.

"Just...follow. A. Streak. Of. Smoke. R6, how are things going buddy?" He beeped and said damage was almost repaired. "Good, tell me when—." As I spoke another blast hit the left side of my ship and cut me off, making me groan. "Shit! I'm hit again!" I looked up and described my direction. "I'm heading towards the Separatist flagship."

"I see you. I've got her." I didn't know what was going on, I just heard blasts behind me, so when I looked at what was happening behind me, I spotted Ventress' vessel getting hit but when I looked back around, we were entering the hangar of the ship.

The tip of my fighter made impact on the hangar's ground and caught fire. The impact made my forehead collide against my controls and I felt my skin getting cut open. When the ship's momentum ended and I stopped slipping through the large area, I placed my fingers over the wound, there was a small stain of blood on my fingertips but it was minimum. I tried to open the cockpit with no use as Anakin arrived.