25: The Meeting

Anakin

  I piloted our ship up to the Flurrum system, where the pirates held Dooku for us. The way there was quiet, Lans and I had nothing to talk about really, and sometimes those moments of complete silence with one another were enjoyable, and this one was one of those for sure.

  I landed the ship in a small cargo area and we walked out of the cabin quite fast, trying to bring the Separatist leader to justice as soon as possible.

  Lana placed her quite long hair in a braid as the ramp of the ship opened for us.

"Whatever happens out there, follow my lead, we don't want trouble with these people." She said and I smiled.

"Sure thing General." I answered remembering how she said almost these exact words to me about a year ago.

  We walked out side by side and soon enough we spotted several Weequayans pointing their guns at us.

"What a welcoming party." I whispered as we walked up to the last men in the line.

"Shut it." She said when he moved a scanner over her body, making sure no weapons were hidden, then, he did the same with me.

"Follow me." The men said and guided us inside.

  As we walked in the percussive music flooded our senses, as well as the crowd's murmurs. Our eyes scanned the place from corner to corner, from left to right and vice versa. Everyone stared at us, emotion less or with disgust, making me frown. Soon enough we reached the last table, where the leader was sitting, waiting for our arrival.

"Gentleman." he greeted me. "And lady." The last word came out of his lips slowly as his eyes scanned Allana from top to bottom, slowly as well, making me frown even more. "Can I offer you something to drink?" He said raising his cup and taking a sip from it as the woman and man behind him studied us and tightened their grip around their blasters.

"No, thank you." Allana said but in anyway, the pirate pushed a cup that was filled up with a disgusting looking green liquid, that once reached my side made me placed a face of disgust on my features. "Congratulations on your...capture of Count Dooku."

"Yeah, very...impressive." I added.

"Yes it was." The man said. "Even a Sith Lord has no match for my warriors." Said he looking at the opposite side of the table, making us follow his gaze, just to spot men drunk enough to be passed out and a small little creature chugging down a bottle into one's mouth, the scene quite funny. "He put up quite a fight." He commented. "Blasters, cannons, that glowy thing." He added and moved his hand drastically as he imitated the sound of a laser sword.

Allana giggled. "You mean a lightsaber?"

"That's it beautiful." He added and she sighed with a smile, trying to keep her cool, just like me, when it was obvious that she felt annoyed. "Now that I mention it, who would've thought that Jedis could look like you, right boys?" He asked and the men that were around cheered in agreement and one of them even whistled, making me tight my hand into a fist and her tight her grip around her wrist behind her back. He noticed that she felt uncomfortable, due to the fact that she went completely serious and arched an eyebrow, he cleared his throat. "Well, I don't need to tell you, but those things can do some damage." He changed the subject as the red little creature came closer, the bottle still in his hand but in the other one, the handle of my weapon, and in his tale, Lana's. "Carved up some of my best men pretty good before I could get the jump on him."

"And how exactly did you get the jump on him?" I asked as I brushed my arm against Lana's making her notice the creature that was pouring more of the green beverage into the pirate's cup. "With this?" I asked and pulled the handles towards me with the Force, making the little guy squeal. As soon as the cold metal of the handles touched my hands, the guns were pointed at our heads, making Lana sigh. The creature climbed the guns and took the lightsabers off from my hands making me frown.