CHAPTER 47

07:30pm

Boom.

Angel shrieked.

Boom. Someone fired again at Kim’s car.

“Mummy!” Angel burst into tears. Kim stretched one of her hands and used it to hold Angel’s tiny hand “It’s ok, dear” Kim said as fear tugged at her gut.

A car was chasing them.

Who was that? Connor?

Her hand shivered as she drove faster. She slammed down the accelerator.

“Mummy!”

Even her own heart was running as if it was no longer in a ribcage but a jungle with a ferocious beast that wanted to tear it apart.

The day had gone dark. And so, it was difficult to see clearly. Therefore, she had to believe that her pursuer was not having an easy time either.

Someone fired. Boom. And Kim heard glass break.

Angel was now wailing “Mummy. What’s happening?”

Our death is close. Kim’s cells quavered. “It’s alright, dar…”

Another vehicle hit their car. Kim’s head hit the steering wheel. Gboom. And she reached her free hand out in front of Angel, stopping her from lurching any further forward and hitting her head on the glove compartment.

Slowly, icy terror filled her as she felt an eerie presence. The arrival of something ominous. She shuddered, looking to her left.

A cold kind of deathly panic gripped her.

Holy Mary.

The pursuer’s car was right beside her.

A face covered in mask.

And a gun in the hand. Aiming right at her.

******
“Your lover was here” Jasmine said as she walked into Connor’s office.
Connor kept quiet and continued sorting the files on his desk.

He expected Kim to come and see him so, he told the receptionist to let her in whenever she came. Though, he assumed that she would take a few hours to see her loved ones before contacting him. As for his safe, he had no doubt that it was Kim who opened it. He won’t worry. She will soon get what she deserved.

He stood up from his seat and marched towards his door.

Jasmine blocked his path.

“Step aside” Connor said coldly.

She shook her tits and rubbed it against his body. “I’ve missed you” she said.

Connor looked away from her “step aside, Jasmine. I’m not in the mood” he said.

“Come on, let’s…”

“Fuck off” He said.

Her grin disappeared “You know what? Fuck you!” She yelled. “I’m sick and tired of you acting as if you’re any better than I am”.

“You think you’re righteous and virtuous. Yet, you’re a man who abandoned his own child for another man to raise!” she screamed.

“What do you mean?” Connor’s gaze focused on her.

She stared at him and after a while, cackled, “You didn’t know” she said, shaking her head and simpering. “You’re Angel Harrison’s father” she stressed.

His insides juddered and Connor grabbed her arm. “You’re joking” He said.

“Ask your darling herself” Jasmine said and shook off his hand as she walked out of his office. He held the door handle.

Impossible.

Orarawu.

It couldn’t be.

Angel Harrison couldn’t be his.
But, Jasmine couldn’t lie to him this way.

His daughter.

My daughter.

My flesh and blood

His knees hit the floor as his heart screamed. What have I done?