CHAPTER 34

Is Kim Jacobs really a demon?

A supernatural? A witch? What else are we yet to know about the beautiful heiress?

A mermaid? Perhaps, that is the reason she is so charming and impossible to ignore.

Barry Gabriel closed the first page of his newspaper and opened the next.

CATHOLIC PRIEST, FR. MARK OHAJI CONDEMS DEATH SENTENCE OF CHURCH MEMBER, MRS KIMBERLY HARRISON, CALLS IT UNHOLY AND AN ACT OF MURDER BY THOSE INVOLVED.

Someone knocked on the door. 

And prison warden, Mr Barry Gabriel closed his newspaper. “Come in” Barry said.

An officer entered. “Mrs Harrison’s van has arrived” The officer said.

Barry stood up. The press would surely have followed her. He straightened his cloth, put the newspaper in his drawer. It was time to welcome Kimberly Harrison to the place where she would spend the next few weeks until…her death.

“Let’s go” Barry said and marched through his doorway.

******
OFFICIAL REPORT

Thursday, July 12, 2014

TIME: 02:30PM

SUBJECT: Report from investigative team, Zone A police station, division head of Receive Care Medical Hospital. 

TYPE OF ACCIDENT: Elevator crash

CAUSE OF ACCIDENT: Undetermined

NUMBER OF INJURED OR DECEASED: One female, deceased.

No inferior material was used in the construction of the elevator.

There was no overloading, for the maximum weight allowed was 10-12 persons.

Safety measures built into the elevators were sound such as the automatic safety device to stop the elevator from freefalling should the cable snap.

Inept workmanship not possible as the cause of the crash, because of the reputation of the builders and their other works which are still in excellent condition.

Hence, the conclusion therefore is that the crash was not an accident but manmade.
                                                                                                                   [Signed]
                                                                                                           Frank Dozier.         

“This is not the copy my department received” Connor said.

“That was what we sent” Mr Frank replied.

Connor shook his head, “the report we got was that the elevator crash in Receive Care Medical Hospital was an accident caused by an old rusty belt” Connor said.

Mr Frank shook his own head harder and said, “The report could never have said that. In fact, I filed this report for your station less than thirty minutes after my team reached the hospital” Frank continued “whoever messed with that elevator, must have hated the doctor real bad to give her that kind of death”.

******

“You can’t visit a death row convict” the officer said.

Fr Mark was at the prison to visit Kim.

“I want to pray with her” Fr Mark said. “That’s all I want to do”.

The officer eyed him and eyed him again more intensely after he recognised him as the priest that was publicly opposing Kim Harrison’s death sentence. He is obviously blinded by her money. The officer thought and unscrewed the bottle of Cocacola in his hand. Took a gulp.

“Please I just want…”

“Father!” The officer yelled. “You can leave your phone number behind. When she is about to be hanged, I’ll make sure you are the priest to bless her fucking soul”.

******
Ethan Jacobs flung the blue print against the wall. This is the third work that I designed and someone else happened to submit the exact same thing before me!

He looked at the people on his team, who could possibly have seen the design. His sons - Aidan and Sebastian and then, these two other men - Ryan and Zanchary who have worked with him for a long time. He had had  high hopes this third design would earn a massive income for the company and save it. But here he was, disappointed. Another architectural company submitted the exact same thing an hour before him. Coincidences happen, but not this often. He looked at Ryan, Zachary and his sons. Ryan and Zachary, both tall and thin were clearly about to pee in their pants.

“You’re fired” Ethan said.

Ryan and Zachary fell on their knees. “We don’t know anything, sir. We have been with this company for years. Please….”

“Get out before I call security” Ethan said, clenched his fist and closed his eyes. When he opened them, Bridget his favourite child, stood in front of him.

“Dad, what’s the matter? I saw Ryan crying” she said.

Ethan ignored her.

“Did you have to fire him?” she asked. “That was too harsh, dad” she said. “Kim would never have done such a thing unless she is certain...”

Ethan banged his table and roared, “the only thing I want to hear about that bitch now is the exact day she gets hanged”.