CHAPTER 23

The following happened between 21:00 and 22:00

Jerry Maina opened the door and saw who stood in front of it. At once, he grabbed the handle of the door to slam it in her face. “We need to sleep, Inspector!” He yelled.

Jasmine pushed the door from behind it, where she stood. “It’s not by force to speak to me, but I’ll tell you this. I know that you and your wife are illegal immigrants” Jasmine said.

“Sometimes, the court may show mercy and let you stay if you’re working honestly. But imagine if the court finds out that you’re accomplices to murder” Jasmine said and shook her head, “you’ll be saying goodbye to Nigeria and deported right back to your country where you were hardly able to eat a slice of bread each day”.

“And I know about the dress” Jasmine added.

“What dress?” Meryl said, her voice came from behind her husband.

Jasmine chuckled and said, “Just don’t do anything you’ll regret”.

****

“Keep a close watch on the Maina’s house” Jasmine said into the phone. “I’m sure something is about to go down” She added and hung up.

Her phone rang again.

“We just caught Mrs Harrison’s ex-husband for breaking and entering” The caller said.

And Jasmine beamed, what a splendid night, this last few hours were turning into.

To the caller, she said, “I’m on my way. He must have the chance to meet me”.

****

“There’re two things I’ve to tell you” Kim said. Her heart pounding. Call me pessimistic, she thought but she kept having the feeling that she would be arrested soon. In case, things went wrong, Connor had to know the truth. Pictures from last night were appearing in her mind but, she wasn’t certain of anything. That was the reason she often took her medication. Sometimes, she was unaware of actions she performed.

She held Connor’s hands and he pushed it away.

“Please, listen to me”.

Then, she raised her face up and confessed, “It’s possible that I killed Richard”.

****
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT.