CHAPTER 33

An hour later, Judge Nnamdi was yet to return to court and pass his verdict. Kim’s legs were unable to move as she finished peeing. She felt tired, unhappy and so ashamed of herself. Richard. If I had not remarried, would I be in this trouble? If her father had not written a will forcing her to get married, she wouldn’t be in a court of law begging for her life. But doesn’t that mean, that if she had had married Connor, she would not have killed him while she was sleepwalking. She stood up from the toilet seat and walked to the door of the restroom.

I’m dangerous. Maybe I deserve to be locked up. Or put to death.

She opened the door and stepped out. Walking away. Suddenly, a loud roar came from behind her. And at first, Kim did not hear the noise because she was immersed in her thoughts. She looked back. And without warning, felt a hot resounding slap on her cheek. Gboom.

“Demon! Come out!” Prophetess Allison Ifenna screamed as she sprayed a bottle of holy water on Kim and held a crucifix to Kim’s forehead.

“Come out in Jesus name!”

“You demonic spirit!”

“You daughter of Jezebel!”

“Out in Jesus name!”

Camera lights started flashing.

Kim’s eyes bulged. She tired to escape. Mrs Allison grabbed her with her left hand that held the crucifix and continued spraying the holy water with her right hand.

The water went all over Kim. Touching every part of her as though it were a river that Mrs. Allison carried in her small bottle. Kim pushed Mrs Allison to break free.

“You demon!” Mrs Allison screamed. “I deliver you in Jesus name”. Pressing the trigger of the bottle harder. “Die in Jesus name!”

“Fire in Jesus name!”

“Fire…”

Security grabbed Mrs Allison.

“Die in Jesus name!”

“Fire in Jesus name!”

And the security kept dragging Mrs Allison as she kept trying to go back to Kim and cast out the ‘sleepwalking’ spirit in her.

“God’s punishment is upon you!”

“Die by fire!”

“Die by fire!”

“Daughter of Jezebel!”

“Out in Jesus name!”

And the press kept snapping way to their hearts content.

******
(Three hours later)

The trial of the state of Anambra vs Kim Jacobs Harrison for the murder of her husband, Mr Richard Harrison.

“The defence counsel asked that the testimony of Mrs Allison Ifenna be struck out based on the fact that she is insane, however, Mrs Allison has been checked by the state psychiatrist and found to be mentally sound hence,” Judge Nnamdi read out, “her testimony remains admissible”.

“Yes” Jasmine almost jumped out of her seat with joy.

Judge Nnamdi continued, “based on the evidence presented,”

Kim’s blood vessels stretched. It was as if she was going mad. She was seated beside Jasmine and could not bear to look back at Angel who was also in court because she had insisted on coming. Who’ll love and care for her? My poor little baby. Angel. So, I won’t see the smile on Angel’s face anymore.

Why?

Why did I hurt Richard?

Will God show me mercy?

“this court finds Mrs Kimberly Jacobs Harrison guilty of first degree murder and hereby sentence her to death by hanging” Judge Nnamdi declared.

****
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!! I WILL DEEPLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD LEAVE A COMMENT.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!