CHAPTER 18

The following happened 16:00 and 17:00

“That car has been following us” Jean said.

Kim nodded, agreeing. Who is in that vehicle? Kim wondered. The person that is trying to kill me? Your brakes are in perfect condition. They got wet in the rain. That was what caused your accident. The words of the mechanic came back to her.

“That car was also on the church premises. A reporter?”

Kim shook her head. If she was right, she first saw that car at the police station. Then, it clicked. She knew who her stalker was. “Stop the car” Kim said.

“What are…?”

“Just stop. I know who has been following us” Jean parked and Kim stepped down from Jean’s vehicle. She walked towards her stalker’s car and stood in front of it while the driver stopped and opened the car door.

“Are you suffering from OCD?” Kim fired. Obsessive-compulsive disorder.

“Don’t you know?” Jasmine said, sarcastically “I’m obsessed with you, Mrs. Harrison”.

“I think you need to check yourself into a health centre” Kim replied.

“And I think you need to start writing your will. ‘Cause soon, your Angel won’t be seeing her mother’s face” Jasmine laughed.

“Don’t dare call my daughter’s name”.

Jasmine raised her hands and stepped out of the car “if you say so”.

“But I hope your little girl never finds out your dirty secrets. I’m sure if she hears them, she wouldn’t be so sad when you’re gone” Jasmine said.

And Kim towards her and slammed Jasmine against her car.

“Go ahead” Jasmine cackled “Assault an officer of the law” Jasmine said.
Jean put her hands around Kim, persuading her to leave Jasmine.

“Go ahead. Assault me!” Jasmine chuckled.

And all Kim wanted to do was destroy Jasmine’s set of teeth with a fierce blow. However, she chose to step away from Jasmine.

Jean fired, “you’re harassing my client, Inspector Jasmine. You’ve absolutely no right to stalk…”

“Not when I’ve found another motive for her to murder her husband” Jasmine interrupted, frowning. “New report”.

“Speak if you want to or get away from us” Jean said like she was talking to a fly.

Jasmine squeezed her fist then, gritted her teeth.

To Kim, she said, “I’ll keep gathering more motives for you to have killed Richard but here’s one” Jasmine smiled wickedly. “You love so much to maintain a good image in the public eye that you killed Richard” she went on “you couldn’t let him expose the fact that your seven years old daughter wasn’t his” Jasmine said.

Kim’s heart jumped in shock. How did she find out?

And Jasmine broke into a long trail of laughter. “You need to see your face. The shock that you’ve been caught” Jasmine said and continued laughing with her mouth wide open.

“That’s enough” Jean said. “You’ve made your point. But if you truly think you’ve enough evidence to prove she killed her husband. Why haven’t any judge granted you an arrest warrant to detain her?”

Jasmine frowned, kept quiet for a while and said. “I promise you I’ll get all the proof I need before today is over” she entered her car and slammed the car door.