CHAPTER 41

Days later

“So, this is the newbie” A prisoner beside Kim said while she took her bath.

“I dey talk to you, bitch” the prisoner said and walked closer to her.

Kim poured the last bowl of her water on her head. Few prisoners were left in the bathroom. Kim was often released at a later hour than others.

“Nice boobs” the female prisoner said. “I could suck them all day” she said and pouted. It was ugly. Her hair was no different from a tangled rat’s nest, perched on top of her head.

Kim took her cloth and was about to wear it when the other prisoner held unto the dress.

“I didn’t tell you to wear it” The other prisoner said.

Kim glared at her. This woman must have assumed that her constant silence in this prison meant she was stupid.

“When I to tell you to jump, you jump. When I tell you to bark, you bark! You hear me?” the female prisoner shouted as she once more moved closer.

Kim’s eyes remained on the woman. This prisoner was just a mere convict like her. She must have been one of those people who joined in beating her at the dining hall. ‘Cause she beat her once, the lady now believed she could hit her again. Kim pulled her cloth and put it on. She was about to bypass her when the other prisoner lifted her arm to slap Kim.

Kim grabbed it.

And pulled out a penknife. She put the blade on the girl’s stomach. And she started shaking.

“I didn’t mean to mess with you” The prisoner cried.

Kim got the knife from the insider that Fr. Mark sent. She shouldn’t be caught with it but sometimes ‘help’ was necessary.

“Will you come near me again?” Kim said.

“Never” she replied.

Kim let her go of her and put away her knife as other prisoners watched her but were obviously not sure of what had stopped the girl. Kim wiped her hair with a towel and was about to leave when the girl raised her hand again, perhaps to save face but Kim noticed. This time, Kim was not just faster. She held the girl’s arm with her left hand and slapped her. The girl’s other hand moved to strike Kim. Kim grasped it. And with force, pushed her against the wall. Gboom. The back of the prisoner’s head hit the wall.

One of Kim’s hands held the other girl’s two hands. Swiftly, Kim slapped her. And slapped her again. Finally giving her a last hot resounding teeth-cracking slap.

She stepped back. And watched to see if the girl or any other prisoner would move to fight her. However, they all kept quiet. Stunned and beyond surprised, that the ‘silent lady’ had reacted.

******
Jean is here to see me. Kim thought as she stepped into the visiting room. A guard came to inform her that a woman was here to see her. Only Jean could certainly be that woman. She grinned as she looked around the small room filled with prisoners and their relatives that came to visit.
Jean is not here. She thought. So, who then asked of her?

At that moment she saw someone waving at her.

What? What is she doing here?

Kim wanted to turn back. And walk away. The fool has come here to mock me. But, as she was about to turn, she felt a shove behind her.

“Move ahead” Queen B said.

And bells of terror began ringing in Kim’s head. She took a step forward while Queen B moved and stood in front of her.