CHAPTER 30

"Mr Allen Odenigbo, do you recognize this cloth?” Jasmine asked, handing the picture of Kim’s yellow dress over to Mr Allen.

“Yes” Mr Allen said.

“Where did you see it?” Jasmine asked.

“On Mrs Kim Harrison. I saw her wear this dress, the last time her daughter came for sleepover”.

“What date was that?” Jasmine asked.

Mr Allen paused “It was the night her husband died. The news of his death was everywhere when her employee came to pick her daughter”.

“Thank you, Mr Allen” Jasmine said.

****
“Mr. Allen Odenigbo” Jean said and pointed to a fair lady-journalist seated with her fellow reporters. “What’s the colour of that woman’s dress?” Jean asked.

Allen squinted his eyes and looked at the cloth. “Red. It’s red in colour” Allen said.

Murmurs started filling the courtroom.

“Red?” Jean said.

He nodded.

“Mr. Allen, please tell this court the colour of that other lady’s dress?” Jean asked referring to a woman seated next to the first lady she asked about.

“Red” Allen reiterated.

And the murmurs turned into noise.
Jean swung around and faced the court. “Mr Allen here is colour blind. He just called a green shirt, a red shirt. It was not once he did that, but three good times he said red. Hence, this is no way that he can correctly identify the dress that my client wore on the day her husband died” She said.

****
“Good day, Dr Isaac Nwachukwu” Jasmine said.

“Good day to you too” Isaac replied. He looked like a nerd with the glasses on his face and his ‘serious’ look.

“Can you please tell this court who you are” Jasmine said.

“I’m Dr Isaac Nwachukwu. I’m a graduate of Medical Laboratory from the University of Ibadan. I had my masters in Pathology from the University of Briston. And my doctorates’ degree in Immunology and Epidermology from Yale university”.

“Mr Isaac, has any of your works ever been recognized locally or internationally”.

“Yes” Isaac said patronizingly “I could name them”.

Jasmine smiled “Mr. Isaac, this court already recognizes your competence”.
“You examined the body of Mr Richard Harrison?”

“Yes” Isaac said.

Jasmine brought out a transparent plastic bag with Kim’s yellow dress in it. “Mr Isaac, I believe you tested these clothes”.

He nodded.

“And what have you to say?”

“The blood on the cloth matches the blood of the dead man” Isaac said.

“Which dead man, please?” Jasmine asked.

“Mr Richard Harrison”.

Jasmine turned to the journalists and the judge. “This means that the cloth which Mr Allen and Mrs Meryl Maina identified as the dress Mrs Harrison wore on the day her husband was murdered is covered with Richard’s blood stains” She paused.

“Also, do not forget what our witness Mrs Meryl Maina said, she saw Mrs Harrison pulling off this blood-stained dress from her body, moments after she discovered Mr Richard lying in a pool of his own blood”.