CHAPTER 25

The following happened between 23:00 and 00:00

“What’s happening?” Connor said as he and Kim ran towards the door and opened it.

Loud sirens filled the air. Several policemen stood in Kim’s compound just like stood there Richard’s death was just discovered. Jasmine and two other officers walked to the door of the mansion.

“Mrs. Harrison, since you love looking good for the press. I invited them to come along” Jasmine smirked as a group of men and women rushed to their side.

Camera lights flashed and reporters started shouting, “Mrs. Harrison, did you kill your husband?”

“Mimi Fredrick, did you kill your parents?”

“Are you planning to kill your child?”

“Who else have you killed?”

And Kim wished the ground could open up and swallow her.

Jasmine put on her fashion glasses, smiled and said “please read the Miranda rights to her”.

The other officer placed handcuffs on Kim’s hands, saying. “You have the right to remain silent because anything you say can and may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, the state will provide one for you”.

A minute later, Mrs Kimberly Harrison was pushed into the police van. And it sped off amidst the camera lights and screams of the reporters.

****

Have you enjoyed this story so far? If yes, PLEASE, consider voting!