CHAPTER 56

The camera clicked.

She snapped the pictures quickly and sharply. She had to make him happy. For him, she sneaked into Kim’s compound and put the cross, skull and paint that was to terrify her. However, she now disappointed him when she was supposed to kill Kim and Angel in that car chase.

Nonetheless, this time, she won’t fail him again. She loved him. And soon, with all the money they’ve been making from selling these architectural designs and Richard’s paintings, they would run away from this country and spend the rest of their lives in fun and wealth.

She wouldn’t have to ring home even for once, to ask for money because they would have it in abundance.

The camera clicked again.

Sorry, dad, I love you but I love him more.

The door barged open.

“Bridget!” Ethan’s voice shrieked in voice.

The camera fell from Bridget’s hands.
Ethan walked into the room with Seb, Aidan and two police officers.

She couldn’t lie. The camera had been set up and facing the designs. And in the memory card of the camera were the former pictures of architectural designs she snapped and sold to their rival companies.

“I’m so sorry, dad” Bridget said.

Ethan was in shock. He felt like collapsing.

His sons held him.

“I’m disappointed” Seb said to Bridget.
Aidan eyed her, from head to toe. Because of her, many employees lost their jobs.

Ethan stared at her. His legs still shaking.

“I didn’t mean to, dad”.

Ethan looked away. He loved her so much and had been grooming her to head the company instead of her brothers. A leader who watched the followers get tired for a crime she committed. Men with families, pregnant women and single mothers with children to care for. All lost their source of income because they were suspected of leaking the designs.

He looked at the officers and said, “take her away”.

The officers dragged Bridget away as she screamed and cried from her fat ugly eyes, “he made me do it!”

“I’m so sorry, dad. He said he loved me!”

“He said he’ll marry me!”

She kept screaming as she was pushed into the police van.

******
The phone rang.

Jasmine picked up and said, “this is the…”

“Inspector Connor?”

“No. Inspector Jasmine on the line”.

“It’s Frank Dozier CDC. I investigated…”

“The elevator accident” Jasmine completed.

Connor had already told her that someone switched the actual report that was sent to them.

“I’ve the picture of the man who took the report from one of my men. The outside camera captured his…”

“Whose face?” Jasmine interrupted sharply. Anxious to act on the report.
Frank called the person’s name.

And Jasmine laughed aloud.

“Are you serious?” Jasmine asked.

“Yes. I’m sure. He’s the one” Frank replied.

Jasmine laughed again. “But, the camera did not capture him taking the report, did it?”

“No. But one of my men recognised the person” Frank said. “Mrs. Harrison could be in danger. At least, call the…”

Jasmine unscrewed a bottle of water on her desk. “No one is in danger, Frank. I’ve met that person lots of times. Trust me, you don’t know him like I do”.

“Just call…”

“The only reason I’ll call the person is for him to bless my soul. And as for that, Frank? I happen not to believe in your god”.

And she hung up the phone.

Absolute waste of time.

******
Jerry Maina sped through the corridor of the police station. He grabbed Connor who was holding a bowl of ice cream and a bag of popcorn in his hands.

“I’ve been trying to talk to inspector Jasmine” Jerry said “but she doesn’t believe me” Jerry added.

Connor stopped walking. Impatient. He was taking the ice cream and popcorn to someone special whom he thought he lost but just found.

“Who’re you?” Connor asked.

“Meryl’s husband from…”

“I remember” Connor said.

“I just heard about Mrs Harrison. Her amnesia. And her friends that are home with her” Jerry said.

“That’s no news” Connor replied.

“But this is-” Jerry paused, not sure how he was going to say this “-Mrs. Harrison is home with Richard’s murderer”.

The ice cream and popcorn fell from Connor’s hands as he said, “let me guess. His name is…”