CHAPTER 51

Connor ran after the woman that drove Kim to the Hospital. “Excuse me ma!” Connor screamed.

“Madam!” He yelled again.

The woman turned around and saw Connor. “Hi” she said, “can I help you?”

“Yes” Connor said as he stopped in front of her. “Ma, you were the one that helped Mrs Harrison, right?” He asked.

“Yes” She responded and pressed the remote of her car.

“Ma, did you see any little girl with her when you picked her?” He asked.

“A little girl?” The woman replied, shaking her head “Mrs Harrison was alone. And confused”.

Sadness crept into his soul, “if you don’t mind, where did you pick her?” he asked.

*****
05:00pm   

Bridget pecked Kim, “Welcome home, cousin”.

From the hospital, Kim’s visitors except Connor followed her back to her home.

“It’s too big” Kim said, staring at the edifice. And the colossal compound with the statue of a tall roaring lion at the centre.  

“You loved it” Seb said.

“Where does this vast compound end?” Kim said 

Aidan, Jean, Arnold and Ethan chuckled.

“Don’t worry” Ethan said. “You won’t get lost” He said as they moved towards the main mansion.

Fr. Mark walked to the booth of the car and carried the nylons of grocery and provisions that they bought for Kim.

‘I’ll be leaving but I’ll return tomorrow” Bridget whispered into Kim’s ears, “I’ve menstrual cramps so…”  She was not through speaking when a car sped into the compound, halted while the passengers - Barry and Silvia stepped out of it.

Silvia ran to Kim and hugged her. “Oh my God! Thank God you’re alive!” Silvia yelled and embraced Kim again, pulling her cheeks. “Nicole and my mum wanted to come but they couldn’t…” Silvia’s words stopped as she stared at Kim. “Is something wron…”

“She has amnesia” Fr. Mark said.

“She can’t remember any of us” Jean added “Or anything” Arnold said.

Kim started to apologise, “I’m sorry that I can’t remember…”

Silvia interrupted her “It’s okay”. She said. “We all care for you and that’s what matters”.

And one of them thought, it’s good that you remember nothing. Else I might just be forced to start planning your death again.