CHAPTER 24

The following happened between 22:00 and 23:00

“Mr Tony, I’ve something you want. And you’ve something I want” Jasmine said.

“I’ve nothing to give you, Inspector” Tony replied. He was seated in a police cell. His face was red and swollen. His new cellmates, acting on secret orders from Jasmine, had beaten the living daylight out of him.

And he was receiving Jasmine’s call from the phone of another police officer.

“You’ve something to offer me” Jasmine said, “Testify against Kim Harrison and I’ll make sure you go scot free”.

****
“Bring it out” Jerry said.

Meryl carried a black trash bag and stepped out of her kitchen. She and Jerry were in the backyard of their home.

“Where’s the kerosene?” Jerry asked.

“It’s here”

“And the matches?”

“It’s here”

“I’m afraid” Meryl cried “We can’t go back to Niger” She said, talking about their country.

“Don’t worry. We’re not going anywhere. Drop the dress”.

Meryl dropped the bag on the ground.
Jerry unscrewed the cap of the bottle of kerosene and was about to pour the liquid.

“Well done, Mr. Maina!” Jasmine yelled suddenly.

She turned on the torchlight in her hand and the two male police officers behind her stepped forward.

“Destroying legal evidence is a federal offence, Mr Maina” Jasmine said.

Jerry replied “What are you talking…”

Meryl burst into tears. “We’re sorry. I’m so sorry. Please don’t let us get deported. Our livehood is here”.

Jasmine shook her head, “I warned you”.

“Please” Meryl knelt down “I’ll do anything. Please leave my husband and children”.

Jasmine shook her head “Too late. You were caught red handed. Take them away!”

“Please!” Meryl was crying “I’ll do anything. Just don’t let us get into trouble”.

Jasmine waited “Anything”.

“Yes. Please. Anything” Meryl cried.

Jasmine put on her gloves, picked the trash bag and opened it. Under the beam of the torchlight, the blood on the shiny pretty yellow flowered dress shined brightly like a beacon.

Jasmine passed the bag to one of the officers beside her. “Now, Meryl. You will tell me everything you know”.

****
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT SO FAR ON THIS STORY, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME.

LASTLY, PLEASE, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE. AND IF YOU CAN, ALSO COMMENT. LOTS OF LOVE❤❤❤

 LOTS OF LOVE❤❤❤

A TIME OF RAGE, currently available on my profile page.