PART 1 CHAPTER 1

JULY 11, 2014.

NIGHT.

Dear diary in my head,

It’s Kim Harrison again.

And I’m terrified.

So terrified.

Never have I been more scared of myself like now.

I need to talk to someone.

Share this burden in my heart with someone, before my mind explodes with fear and then, just like before, I may have to do something bad. Something very bad. Again.

****

“You must think I’m a fool” Richard Harrison said.

“You are despicable” Richard continued. 

And as he rinsed his dishes, and started whistling away, the person he was speaking to, plunged a knife into his body.

“Hah!” Richard cried.

And his attacker pulled out the knife and stabbed again.

“Hah!” Richard’s cry of pain filled the air like the screams of a woman in the throes of labour yet his attacker pushed the knife further into him. And the agony Richard felt turned into what words couldn’t describe.

I’m dying. His heart trembled. I’m too young to die.

He had dreams of going places. Seeing more of the world. Why?

Once more, like a lion that was unsatisfied with the piece of flesh he had devoured, his assailant struck all over again, for the last time, and Richard felt the sharp blade cut through his intestines and organs. And at that moment, he knew he could no longer fight off the cold hands of death that were wrapped round him.

And so, like a bag of cement, he fell on the floor of his kitchen.

Gboom. 

And took in his very last and final breath.