CHAPTER 54

“You didn’t kill your mother” Silvia said.

“Are you…?”

“I’m sure” Silvia said, “you spoke from the memories that you buried unconsciously in your subconscious”.

“If I didn’t, who did?” Kim asked.

“You said a man. About him being young. But you said you saw him today. I doubt if you’re actually sure of that because at that point, your voice began to tremble. So, that could be a false memory” Silvia said.

Kim’s shoulders dropped “I thought I was supposed to remember everything when I wake from the hypnosis” Kim said.

“It’s possible you remember later. Tomorrow or next. But, it’s normal not to remember instantly after the hypnosis session” Silvia said.

Kim nodded. Soon, she’ll be hypnotised again to help her remember her daughter.

“Can I listen to the tape?” Kim asked.

“Yes” Silvia said and passed her the tape recording of their session together.

Kim played it and listened “At least, I’m sure of one thing. I didn’t kill my own mother”.

But her murderer was still out there, waiting to see if she would recall.

******
Kim left her office and walked into the living room.

She turned on the lights and shrieked, “Oh my God!”

“I didn’t know you were all here” Kim said.

“We decided to remain awake and pray for you” Fr. Mark said.

“Thank you” Kim said and walked to the dining. Put a cup at the outlet of the dispenser and cold water ran into her cup. She drank it and returned to the living room. She didn’t know where to sit, with her best friend and her husband or her own family? So, she went and sat beside Fr. Mark. He was a priest and his smile made her comfortable with him even though she couldn’t remember anything about him or about being a faithful member in the Catholic church he presided.

“Did you remember anything?” Ethan asked.

“Not much” Kim said.

“You must have recalled something” Arnold said, his voice quivering.
Kim paused “I know I didn’t kill my mum” she said. “I was set up. Also, I know that I saw her killer. His picture is hazy in my mind. But Silvia said the memories will be clear soon and then-” she breathed a sigh of relief and joy, “I’ll have him arrested”. 

Barry nodded in agreement and said, “I hope you remember it all. ‘Cause I’ve seen the hypnosis work for many of Silvia’s patients”.

“So, what’s the next thing?” Sebastian asked.

“I will be hypnotised to try and remember my daughter”.

Kim closed her eyes and opened them. She looked at Ethan and Arnold. And she said, “I feel like we’ve met before-” Kim paused and continued “did you ever meet me when I was a little girl?”

******
His heart pounded.

Kim was starting to remember. Soon, she’ll recall other things and start investigating. He couldn’t let it. He just couldn’t permit it.

She had to die before whatever she will remember, ruins him.