CHAPTER 14

The following happened between 12:00 and 13:00

“Where am I?” Kim breathed.

Jerry rushed to her bedside. “Madam. Are you okay?”

Kim touched her head. She felt as if a heavy load on it.

“Call the doctor” Connor said.

And Jerry left the room to chase down the doctor who had just left.

“How are you feeling?” Connor asked.

And Kim thought she was hallucinating. She closed her eyes and opened it again. Connor was still standing at the end of her bed. What was he doing here? The accident. I survived. She was still alive.

“Are you feeling better?” Connor asked again. Worry and concern in his voice.

Was he worried about her? She could not allow herself to think that. “I’m fine” She lied. She felt tired and weak.

“Why’re you here? She stammered. Hoping to hear that he rushed there, in fear that she was about to die and he could not afford to lose her.

“Police work” He said and shrugged.

The doctor entered her room. “How do you feel, Mrs. Harrison?” She asked.

“I’m fine”.

“Any headaches?”

She shook her head and remained still as she was examined. “Can I go home?” Kim asked.

“You need to rest” Her doctor replied.

“I’ll rest in my home” Kim said about to stand up.

“We’ll supply you with whatever you need, Mrs. Harrison”

Kim looked at the doctor’s tag on her lab coat and read it “Dr Williams, please I need to go home and see my daughter. She’ll be distressed if she doesn’t see me soon”.

Jerry nodded as if he supported Kim’s opinion.

“How is Angel?” Kim asked Jerry.

“Madam. She was crying for you. She thinks you left her”.

“I’m leaving” Kim said as Jerry helped her to stand up.

“The press are gathered outside the building. Let’s use the private elevator for this executive ward” Dr Williams said.

“I’ll take the stairs” Connor said. Looked at Kim. “All the best, Mrs Harrison” and walked out of the room.

The trio walked towards the elevator and pushed the button. The door slid open. My locket. Kim thought. It was in my hands before the accident happened. Did I wear it on my neck? “Doctor” She faced Dr Williams “did you see any locket on me when I was brought in?” Kim asked.

“I didn’t think so, ma but, if you wore one. It must have fallen off” Dr Williams replied.

“I need to get it” Kim said and turned around.

“Should I come and…?”

“Don’t worry, doc. I’m sure you’ve other patients to attend to”.

Jerry followed her, holding her hand. “Go Jerry, I’ll get the locket and join you downstairs”.

“You’re not strong enough, Ma. I’ll check the room with you”.

Dr Williams entered the elevator and the door closed.

“Mrs Harrison, what can you say about your accident?” A male reporter ran down the hallway towards her. Wasn’t this floor supposed to be private? How did this newsperson get here? “What happened to your husband?” He ranted off more questions. “Who do you think killed him?”

Suddenly, Kim, Jerry and the reporter heard screams from the elevator.

Loud fearful cries. Followed by a violent noise that rocked the hospital building like an earthquake.

Gboom.

Gboom.

No one had to tell them what had just happened.

The elevator they almost entered had crashed.

****
THANKS for reading. If you enjoyed this chapter, kindly endeavour to VOTE!!!
Lastly, I hope you check out my new fantasy-romance novel, Bride of the Dark Lord, it will mean so much to me ❤.  Thank you!