CHAPTER 21

The following happened between 19:00 and 20:00

“Sorry to disturb you, Mr Allen” Jasmine said.

He shrugged. Jasmine had phoned before her arrival. Mr. Allen’s wife was not home but, she didn’t mind. She had to find someone, anyone who could possibly help her case. She followed Mr Allen as he led her into his living room.

“So, you know Mr Richard Harrison?” Jasmine asked.

“Yes. He came here a few times to drop his daughter” Mr. Allen said and sat down on a seat while he pointed to a chair for Jasmine to sit.

“How was he?” She asked.

“Normal” he responded.

She waited. Thinking he would add more information but he said nothing more.

She continued, “who else ever came to drop his daughter?”

At once, a smile lit Allen’s face “Kim…I mean Mrs Harrison” Allen said and blushed.

Ha! Jasmine thought. With the way he was beaming, he obviously had a crush on Kim.

“Apart from her. Who else also dropped the daughter?” She asked.

Allen paused, “their driver. I think his name is –“

“Mr. Jerry?”

“Yeah” Allen shrugged.

“Was it Mrs. Harrison who dropped her daughter last night?”

“Definitely” He said. Once again, his smile returned. Grinning like a fool, as if they were discussing a goddess that bestowed him the gift of an immortal life. Anyway, that was the reason she was here. She will expose Mrs. Harrison for who she really was. A fraud, like other rich people were.

“Was anything different about Mrs Harrison yesterday?”

He shook his head “Not really. She looked tired and didn’t smile like she used to do but, as always she was impeccably dressed in a shiny pretty yellow flowered dress with a necklace –“ he touched his neck “and earrings that matched and had the shape of a butterfly. A pair of black sandals with fuck-me-ropes. A diamond wedding ring” he frowned. “And a plastic flowered ring that I know has the inscription: Angel and Mum forever”.

He kept smiling for a long while and then as if his common sense had returned. “Anything else, Inspector?”

Jasmine shook her head. Men like these were the reason Bruno Mars kept singing ‘I would catch a grenade for you’. The likes of Allen would do that for Kim Harrison.

And as she stepped outside, a memory came back to her mind of Kim saying, “I slept off immediately I came back home. And what woke me up was sirens”.

If Mrs. Harrison was as tired as she claimed and slept off that quickly, that means she very much likely didn’t remove her makeup and slept off in her shiny pretty yellow flowered dress.

Wasn’t that so? Yet, she remembered vividly, her fellow officers at the crime scene, later describing how sexy Kim looked in her nightgown without makeup as she rushed out to find out what was happening in her compound.

What am I missing? Does this mean that Kim changed her yellow dress and washed off her makeup when she heard the police siren? That’s impossible. Panic was what made her run outside, forgetting that she was in her nightwear.

She tapped her head. She loved dealing with the rich especially those of them that thought they could outsmart her. She kept tapping her temple.

The yellow dress.

The shiny yellow flowered dress.

Connor’s question returned to her. Was Kim also lying on that floor with Richard?

She cackled. I know where the solution to all this is. And that answer she sought, was in the shiny pretty yellow flowered dress.

****
“Shut up, Meryl” Jerry said.

“You saw nothing and you know nothing. You hear me?” He added.

Meryl nodded. “What of the yellow dress? We’ve to…”

“Meryl!” Jerry screamed.

“Remember. You saw nothing and you know nothing. You hear me?” Jerry shouted.

****
THANKS so much for another day of support! PLEASE, if you are enjoying this story, don't forget to VOTE or COMMENT or CLICK the FOLLOW button. Love you!!!

 Love you!!!

BRIDE OF THE DARK LORD, currently available on my profile page