CHAPTER 49

“What have you done to her?” Fr. Mark thundered.

He was at the police station.

“Did you arrest her again?” He said and pulled Connor by the collar of his shirt.

Jasmine came between them “stop it” she said.

Fr. Mark released Connor and began pacing “Kim didn’t come back to her home last night” Fr. Mark said.

“Maybe she’s somewhere…”

He interrupted Jasmine “she’s not with her uncle, cousins or Jean” He said.

He was fuming. Blazing with fury. He glared at Connor and added, “You did this. I know you did. Didn’t you?”

******
48 hours later

Kim’s eyes opened. Where am I? She stood up from the ground. And dusted the dust off her face and clothes. Where am I? What am I doing here? She thought again.

She walked down a path and came upon a road.

There were no cars.

She touched her head. It ached.

She kept walking on the read perhaps for hours when a car stopped in front of her. The driver honked and Kim walked to the side of his window.

A woman was driving. “What’re you doing here? In the middle of nowhere” The dark driver said and waited, most likely expecting a long response.

Kim shook her head.

“Where are you going?” The driver asked.

And confusion crept into Kim’s mind, “I don’t know” Kim replied.

The driver arched her eyebrows.

“What’s your name?” The female driver asked.

Kim rubbed her head. And tried to remember but, it seemed as if there was a barricade stopping her from seeing what was on the other side of her brain.

Kim looked at the woman and responded, “I don’t know”.