𝟓𝟗 - 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝, 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

Everything was so going so well. And then...

"Skywalker, I need to speak to you immediately" Master Windu's voice crackled over Anakin's commlink that had been hastily thrown off the side of the bed only minutes prior.

I tugged at Anakin's neck, refusing to let his lips leave mine as he started to chuckle on top of me, my desperate efforts to keep him here clearly entertaining him.

My fingers stayed sewn in his hair as he eventually prevailed, pulling his face away only slightly to free his lips "I'll be back in a minute" he smiled, rolling off me.

I crossed my arms and glared at him, lips pouted as I shuffled to sit up on the bed, crossing my legs as I did so "come onnnnn, can't master window wait a few more minutes?"

"I'm sorry love, I will be back before you know it and then I'm all yours" he replied as he sat on the edge of the bed, bending over to put on his boots before standing up and leaning over to place a kiss on my forehead.

My grumpy pout eased only slightly. Forehead kisses were my weakness.

"Anakin! I- I think the baby is coming!" I yelled after him before letting out an annoyingly unrealistic squeal of pain. Yeah, my acting skills had never been up there with my combat ones.

"You've been pregnant for one week honey. I highly doubt that. Good luck with everything though!" he exclaimed before the door shut behind him.

I sighed an over-dramatic sigh, falling back into the sea of silk black duvet and crossing my arms over my chest, already counting the seconds until he would be back.

Anakin's POV

"THREE MONTHS?"

"Calm down General" Mace's unamused response muttered back as we walked side by side through the temple, stopping at one of the long windows that looked over Coruscant and let the ivory sunlight leak in.

"Sorry master" I re-evaluated my stance, (GIF above) nodding my head as he moved opposite to face me. "But...you want me to assist on the outer rim sieges for how long?"

His eyes darted to the floor "at least three months"

AT LEAST.

A lot of thoughts ran through my head at that moment: the status on the war against the empire, who else would be going, how long I had to prepare, but the only thing that I couldn't let go of was the thought of (y/n), how she would be stuck here. Alone. Worrying. Growing.

"But Master, (y/n), we only just found out she's pregnant, and I- I can't leave her, pleas-"

"General Skywalker" he held up his hand, his tone sharp, urging me to shut my panicking mouth "when this thing between you two started, you agreed that your relationship with Mrs Skywalker would not get in the way of your duty. You can not go back on your word now. We need you, the republic needs you"

"But-"

"We will take good care of your wife, she will be fine. You and everyone else here knows that she can look after herself perfectly well"

And yes, a part of me was worrying about her safety, but the most part, the gut-wrenching part, was the thought of not seeing her. Not waking up to her in my arms every morning or being able to plant that adorable grin on her face, the thought of not being able to kiss her or simply hold her.

URGHHHH, I yelled in my head, staring blankly at Mace for a few more moments.

"Okay. Okay. When do I leave?"