𝟒𝟏 - 𝐆𝐨 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐎𝐫 𝐆𝐨 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

After an evening of heaven and a goodnights sleep, the next morning we packed all our things and said goodbye to Naboo as we headed home for Coruscant.

We sat side by side in the cockpit of the same ship we had brought when we first arrived a few weeks ago. Except, where four had sat, now there were two.

Anakin settled in the pilots seat with his hand held on my thigh as I sat beside him in the co-pilots seat. We sat in silence but not an uncomfortable silence, a thoughtful one, it was quite peaceful really.

As I stared out into the blue river of hyperspace, a thought crossed my mind, one I had been trying to push away ever since Anakin put the ring on my finger.

"Anakin?" I looked down to his hand that gripped my thigh and placed mine over it.

"Mhm?" he turned his head to look at me.

"What do we tell the council? because the last time they found out we were together, we were going to be expelled and this time...this time I don't want to hide it, I want to have a husband Anakin, not a secret marriage for the rest of our Jedi lives" I blurted as the emotion poured out of me.

"Well then we tell them everything"

"Everything?" I couldn't hold back my smirk as it begin to creep up my face.

"Ok not everything, but you know what I mean"

"and if they still decide to expel us?"

"then, we thank them for the experience and get the hell out of there and start our new lives together"

"well, well, well, look at you Skywalker, all grown up and mature"

"get used to it, being an almost married man has given me a whole new perspective on life" he exaggerated, closing his eyes into slits and lifting his chin proudly.

"Oh shut up" I hit his chest playfully, shaking my head.

"so, soon-to-be Mrs Skywalker, excited to get back to the order? you realise we will be working together all the time since you are a Jedi knight now?" he asked

"oh yeah I forgot about that" I admitted.

"pfft, your the only person I've ever met who could seriously forget they are a Jedi knight"

"hey! don't blame me, there's been a lot going on these past months. And to answer your question, yes I am looking forward to getting back, but you cant distract me on missions with any of your inappropriate jokes, ok? just because we found the spy doesn't mean we've beaten this empire, we still have to defeat Palpatine and his army"

"Inappropriate jokes? I don't know what you're talking about" He snickered not-so-innocently

I smiled at him and stood up "ok, I'm going to get some rest in the back, I have a feeling we have a busy few days coming, you ok flying the ship?"

He nodded "don't worry about me baby. Go, go get some rest"

"Ok, I love you" I bent down, placed my hand on his shoulder and kissed him on the cheek, then headed to the back of the ship where they had pull down beds for long flights.

1 hour later

"(y/n), sweetheart we're home. Wake up, people are waiting for you"

I rubbed my eyes and sat upright as Anakin traced his hand over my back, waking me up slowly.

"Waiting for me?" the platform of the ship lowered to reveal the familiar Coruscant landing pad as a commotion of applause and cheers greeted us.

We walked down the ramp and watched as more and more people joined the waiting crowds. I looked up at Anakin in confusion who reflected the same expression.