𝟐𝟕 - 𝐈𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐁𝐞

beep beep beep.

The whine of my commlink wakes me. I pull a pillow over my ears and turn away from it in response. However, It refuses to stop and almost seems to get louder and louder as it screams at me to pick it up.

It was too early for this

"UGHHHH" I let out a moan of aggravation and threw my hand over to the bedside table, feeling around for the commlink. Finally finding it amongst the mess, I jab the audio button and Obi-Wan's voice rings through the device.

"good morning (y/n), you're presence is requested with the council"

I begin my reply- it cuts off. In the recent weeks, I had denied every meeting that they had tried to get me to. Now they weren't even giving me the choice.

I hated the way they handled Anakin's death. what? did they really think locking me away was going to make everything better?

Now realising that they weren't going to give up until I agreed to meet with them, I decided to oblige to their request, just this once.

Reluctantly pulling on my Jedi attire, I stormed to the Jedi council room. I wanted to give them a piece of my mind, I wanted them to know how much I was hurting.

When I arrived at the grand entrance to the council however, all the angry emotions melted away and thawed into the familiar sadness I felt in my chest.

Before I could prepare myself, the doors dragged open with a strong force coming from the inside. The usual, wise Jedi masters sat in their seats that curved around the dignified room. They nodded in respect as I stepped into the centre of the room cautiously.

Without even a greeting the wrinkled, green master spoke and pointed at me with his wooden cane

"passed your Jedi trials, you have"

"ugh...what trials? i didn-"

"a Jedi knight you have now become"

UMMM...WHAT?

My eyes traced round frantically past the various faces that stared back at me.

a Jedi knight?

Mace could identify the confusion and shock in my face and so began to elaborate "the council believes that the personal trials you have faced in your time at the Jedi order outweigh any trials that we could compose for you"

Yoda jumped down from his seat and hobbled over to me. He looked to the floor then back up, signalling me to kneel. Still in shock, I lowered to the ground. My eyes met Obi-Wans, who smiled back at me. what was happening?

The small Jedi that stood before me circled round behind me and the hum and slice of his lightsaber could be heard. He held out my Padawan braid that had just a moment ago been tucked into my hair. He dropped it into my hand then cupped my fingers over it.

"congratulations" he whispered

"celebrations are in order" another master spoke,

"a great jedi knight you will be" and another,

"congratulations (y/n)" and another.

Standing back up straight and staring down at the seared braid in my hand, there was nothing I could say. Zac had predicted this would happen soon, I never believed him.

But I couldn't celebrate something like this without Anakin. We had talked about all the missions we would go on together, the things we'd see and the things we'd do. We'd smiled over the thought of fighting side by side, then returning home together.

I didn't even realise as the tear fell down my cheek. Wiping it away and looking back up to face my fellow jedi, all I could do was nod in acceptance of this new title.

"(y/n)? this is a happy moment" the concerned Obi-Wan reassured.

"It should be" I responded somberly "but, nothing matters to me anymore. I just don't...care" I didn't mean for that to sound so negative but it was the truth. Luckily, the masters didn't look offended. No, in fact the expression on their faces was one of...nervousness? what could they possibly be worried about right now?

Obi-Wan stood up and came over, took my hands and looked me deeply in the eyes.

"what is it? what's going on?" I questioned, this was odd.

"There is one more thing...we think you will care about this one a little more"

My brows furrowed as I tried to understand what he could possibly mean. He gently pulled my shoulders to face one of the darker areas of the room and as my head followed, I noticed a figure step out.

First to emerge from the shadows, were a pair of black boots, long robes trailed behind them.

Further up the mysterious figures body, a utility belt with a lightsaber strapped to it. For a second it looked like his lightsaber but I shook the thought away as my eyes travelled further to their broad shoulders and toned build.

Their long hair brushed perfectly against their face.

A...red scar sliced through their eyebrow and down their cheek.

Their face was chiselled to perfection, his jaw sharp enough to cut skin with just a single touch.

I melted into his crystal blue eyes.

no. It couldn't be. no.

"Anakin?"

my Jaw dropped and eyes immediately pooled with tears as the man who died in front of me now edged closer, but before I could even process the reality of who stood before me, my vision turned blurry as I swayed back and forth.

I was overcome as the emotions I had blocked out for so long now returned like a tsunami.

I keeled over onto the floor. The last thing I saw before blacking out was...him.

a/n

AHHHHHHHH, I loved writing this chapter