𝟑𝟒 - 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬

It got late and after the stresses of today, I needed some rest.

We all parted to our separate rooms. Finally some alone time, or so I thought until I was reminded of Anakin from his footsteps trailing behind me as I entered my room.

"Anakin, I get that you have this duty to watch me but I still need my privacy, can I at least get dressed alone?" I said, crossing my arms and tilting my head to the side whilst tapping my foot on the ground, impatiently waiting for his response.

"I won't look" he raised his hands then preceded to turn round and face the wall.

I rolled my eyes, if he was seriously going to refuse to even leave the same room as me then I guess this was the best I was going to get.

I let down my long hair from its ponytail as it twisted, swayed and fell in a voluminous, soft poof. I tucked one side behind my ear and reached my arms behind me to unzip my clothes. After a few uncomfortable seconds of trying to contort myself into all kind of shapes to reach my zipper, I was unsuccessful.

"Anakin"

"mhm?"

"I-" I sighed and gave into the defeat "can you unzip me, I can't reach it"

I exhaled and turned around, pulling my hair over my shoulder. I felt his warm breath on the nape of my neck as he edged behind me.

His hands gently brushed over my skin as the zip seemed to reach all the way down to my lower back and suddenly the seemingly innocent situation turned intimate. A feeling fluttered in my stomach as his hand left my skin, leaving goose bumps on my now almost bare back.

I heard him inhale sharply "done"

I turned round and as I did, our faces almost touched as he was stood especially close.

His head tilted to look down at me, as like always he dominated above me. His eyes darted back and forth over each detail of my face and his expression was unchanging, like a cold marble statue.

For a second I really think he is going to kiss me, and...if I'm honest I can't say I would have resisted. Instead, he smiles. that smile. Then turns around to face the wall once again.

I let out a breath as the tension broke and ambled over to the bed where my dainty silk nightgown was laid out.

After getting dressed, I headed to the bathroom to wash my face. I stared at myself in the mirror that was illuminated dimly by lights dotted all around it for a second, but I was averted from my gaze as Anakin stepped into the reflection.

He leaned through the doorframe with his hands above his head holding onto the doorframe, his muscles tensed slightly. I turned on the tap and cupped my hands into the steady stream of cool water then splashed my face as it refreshed my skin.

Is it you? are you the spy?" he asked out of nowhere,

he couldn't be serious.

"Anakin. I'm going to choose to ignore that as you know full well it isn't me" I shook my head and dunked my face into the water once again.

"I'm sorry, I had to ask"

"I know you did" I smiled, the first smile I'd given him in a long time.

"But if you know it isn't, then why would you even agree to keeping an eye on me?" I inquired.

His eyes dropped to the floor. oh, that's why.

"You know why (y/n). And...I wanted to protect you from whoever this spy is, you never know it could be someone here on Naboo with us. For example someone who's name starts with Z, ends with C and has A in the middle" he accused teasingly, a smile creeped across his face.

"Don't be ridiculous of course it's not Zac. Ugh, you two really don't like each other do you?" I laughed slightly at the pure madness of it all whilst shaking my head

"He's not on my list of favourite people, no" he laughed with me. We smiled at each other for a moment and once again the tension returned, I dropped my head down to break it.

"Well, I'm tired. I'm going to get some rest" I said, brushing past him through the doorway as he lifts his arms for me to pass through. I feel his head turning as his eyes follow me.

"I'll be here" he replied.

"You're not going to stay up all night watching over me Anakin" I insist "the chosen one needs rest too" I tease, sliding into the cold bed. "You can sleep on the couch over there" I pointed over to the couch placed on the other side of the room.

"Okay, okay fine" he gives in

"goodnight Anakin"

"goodnight sweetheart"

sweetheart. I'd forgotten his old nickname for me, my stomach fluttered slightly when he said it and with that, I closed my eyes smiling and let sleep take me.

Anakin's POV

I didn't decide to sleep for another few hours after (y/n). It was so quiet in her room, I wasn't used to so much silence. The only sound to be heard was the gentle breeze from the open window and (y/n)'s soft breathing.

I stood up and walked over to her as quietly as possible. She looked so peaceful, if only it could always be like that for her. I hate that I had caused her so much pain. All I wanted was her happiness.

Watching her now, I couldn't be more in love with her.

She was so beautiful. I just wanted to sweep her up in a kiss that could last forever, a kiss where i could protect her from the all the evils of the galaxy, where she could be mine, where we wouldn't have to worry about the reality of our lives.

Some loose strands of her hair fell across her face, I bent down and carefully brushed them behind her ear and with that, returned to the couch where I lay thinking of everything we could have been.

(y/n)'s POV

I awoke to the sound of the wind harshly bashing through the widow as the drapes danced in rhythm to the winds song. It was almost pitch back in the room now, only the moons bright shine lit the room. I rubbed my eyes, reluctantly lifted the covers and made my way over to shut the window.

My eyes travelled to the couch where I was expecting Anakin to be sleeping but to my surprise, he was gone.

I was to tired to look for him, I suspected the couch got uncomfortable and he had returned to his room.

So I crawled back into bed and scorched into the centre of the mattress but I was suddenly halted as I brushed against someone else. I jumped slightly and adjusted my eyes to see...Anakin fast asleep beside me.

of course.

I sighed, I would lecture him about this in the morning but for now, I wanted my sleep. I started to scooch back over to my side but then, a hand wrapped around my waist and the other round my thigh as Anakin gently pulled me into his chest.

I was surprised by the forwardness but I guess Anakin was never one for holding back. Here and now I had to make the decision, do I listen to my heart or my head? do I do what I know I should should? or what I know I want?

The Jedi were all about selflessness but, I say everyone deserves to be a little selfish now and then.

I rolled over and buried my face into into his neck, my hands rested on his toned bare abs. I could smell his clean, warm, welcoming scent. He began to draw small light circles on my back with his hand as I drifted back to into a calm sleep.

Okay.

This moment only confirmed what i had been trying to deny.

I was still completely, head over heels, madly in love with Anakin Skywalker.