𝟔𝟓 - 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐩 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡

Third-person POV

"Are we really sure they were Jedi?" one of the soldiers trailing at the back of the group panted over to the front.

"A group of people with lightsabers trying to break out the prisoners of our empire detention centre, YEAH they're Jedi alright. Jedi scum." The captain spat back over her shoulder.

Eight soldiers of the empire trudged through the jungle terrain of Kashyyyk. Ducking under low-hanging trees and weaving through the tall spikey grass, in desperate search for the intruders spotted only minutes before. Blasters in hand. Confident facades hiding their more nervous emotions.

"How many did we see? did anyone manage to identify-"

"SHH" the captain leading the hunt stopped dead in her tracks, holding up a hand behind her signalling for the rest of the group to stop. "You hear that?" she whispered as her eyes darted and head snapped in all directions.

Silence. A few seconds passed. Nothing.

"Don't hear any-"

A branch snapped in the distance with a deafening crack.

(I recommend playing the song "Feeling Good" the Michael Bublé version for this next bit)

"Come out come out wherever you are Jedi" One of the men sung tauntingly, raising his blaster, burning with anticipation.

"Shut up!" one of the less brave ones hissed from behind him.

"What?" the bolder soldier stepped out of formation, heading to the front of the group, puffing out his chest with confidence "I've been waiting a long time to finally kill one of these Jedi, I've always wanted to see how many forms of torture they can endure before they finally die!"

He strode forward, holding his arms out and spinning on his heels "Come on Jedi! You scared?!"

Then with a rustle and a wail, he was gone.

Thrown up into the air and the treetops above like all of a sudden gravity had given up on him.

"WHAT THE...." hysteria and panic spread over the rest of the troops.

Everyone shuffled frantically, digging their toes into their shoes and their shoes further into the ground in fear they too would soon be flung into the air. They raised their blasters above them, pointing helplessly at the trees.

Only their rapid heartbeats pounding through their bodies could be heard now as they fell into silence again.

"THERE!"

Then they saw it.

Two purple lightsabers ignited from in the treetops and with one fell swoop, a figure leapt and flipped gracefully onto the ground before them.

"Hello there" she proclaimed, taking note to thank Obi-Wan for that line later.

She wore a sinister smirk on her face with such confidence, twirling two sabers in lazy circles with smooth movements of her wrists.

They were scared of her. As they should have been.

"So, since none of you seem very chatty I'll just hand you two options and all you have to do is pick one. Sound good?"

They were stunned, blasters ready to fire in their hands but too hesitant, too frozen to shoot just yet.

"You give me the code for unlocking the prison cells in the detention centre and I can be on my way...orrrr, we can go into more aggressive negotiations, either way is fine with me" she shrugged.