𝟔𝟑 - 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧

Anakin's POV

Tears.

There were a lot of them. Rolling down her face like rivers of death.

Searing white lights overhead. Panicked voices. Sweating. Screaming. Crying. A lot of crying.

She was panting, losing breath by the second like oxygen had simply refused to assist in her battle.

Even the midwife droids, programmed to stay calm, had lost all hope.

"ANAKIN" she sobbed "PLEASE"

Everything was distorted, inky like someone had spilt my nightmare onto a discarded piece of paper.

"HELP ME" came her gut-wrenching plead.

Her hand gripped onto mine, grasping and clinging onto it like it was the only thing keeping her alive.

Death stood on the other side of the bed, caressing her cheek. She looked over and shook her head at him, but death only pushed further. His grip on her was strong, so strong in fact that with one last pull...

she gave in to him.

And her hand fell limp out of mine.

(y/n)'s POV

I was awake.

Why, I didn't know.

Well, that was until I turned over.

Anakin was practically dripping in sweat, his bare chest convulsing up and down violently and his head thrashing from side to side against his pillow as he mumbled panicked words in his sleep.

I immediately snapped out of my dozed trance and sprang up. It had been months since Anakin last had a nightmare that made him this restless.

It was the middle of the night. Speeders zoomed frantically past the window like they did all hours of the day. Lights of the city brought a dim glow into our room, highlighting his features as he scraped at his consciousness to free himself from the nightmare.

I knitted my hands into his hair, trailing my fingers through his locks comfortingly, gently urging him to wake.

He only deepened into the nightmare though. My eyebrows pulled together, I moved my hands down to his face, trailing my fingers across his cheek in another attempt. Still he didn't wake.

I repositioned myself so that I sat on my knees, facing him. I gripped onto his broad, twitching shoulders and shook them.

"Anakin" I muttered quietly at first. His unease only increased. "Anakin! wake up! please you're scaring-"

He shot up faster than I could even comprehend.

Suddenly, his hands had flown to my wrists. He gripped onto them so hard they could have moulded like clay under his grasp.

"Ow, Anakin you're hurting me" I winced.

His eyes scanned my face endlessly, they were filled with pain and worry and shock?  he honestly looked astounded to see me here in front of him, like he wasn't expecting me to be beside him even though that's exactly where I was every single night.

Realisation hit and his view switched to my wrists that screamed under his grasp before he dropped them and retreated back off the bed.

He snatched his robes off the dresser and stormed out of our bedroom, not giving me another glance as he did so. I watched him speechlessly as it all unfolded. He slammed the door behind him, I sat in silence for a second.