𝟒𝟑 - 𝐈 𝐃𝐨

So, today was the day.

I woke up with a smile on my face, in an empty bed might I add though. Anakin had insisted sleeping in separate beds so as not to see each other before the wedding. As much as I just wanted to be beside him right now, it was sweet how much he cared about tradition and was going out of his way to make this so special.

Padme had burst into my room at the crack of dawn to help me get ready. I had always been used to her being very composed and stern but when it came to events like this, I swear she morphed into a different person.

"Alright (y/n). First, hair. Second, makeup. Third, dress. then-"

"Padme, Padme. No offence, but. I really don't care about those things. I just want to marry the man I love, nothing else matters to me"

She smiled and exhaled with an accepting breath.

The next few hours of preparation were conducted in a soothing quiet. We spoke here and there about slight alterations of the dress and my hair but the rest was silent and I liked it. In fact overtime, I discovered that silence was actually one of my favourite sounds besides Anakin's voice of course. It is where you can be completely left alone with your thoughts, and though maybe in the past that might have terrified me, now I welcomed it.

As the only thoughts I had were one's of him.

"Ok, all done" padme adjusted the final detail of my hair then stepped back. I looked over to the mirror in shock, I hadn't even been paying attention to all the work going on, I kind of just let padme do her thing.

At first, when I looked in the mirror, I could barely recognise the women in the reflection, she was too beautiful to be me. My jaw was dropped open in admiration for this mysterious reflection.

Padme had styled my hair into my usual high ponytail however now it fell with voluminous waves and had lighter highlights luminating throughout as it cascaded down my back.

(a/n)

Ok sorry if you don't like it but when I've been describing her hair throughout the story and the high ponytail, I've been imaging it like Ariana's ponytail, so when I describe this wedding hairstyle, I'm imagining something like this below, but if you don't like it you can imagine whatever you like :)

I awed over the dress once again and then turned back round to Padme "you're amazing, you know that right?" I praised her.

"I know" she grinned.

I spun back round to the mirror to take one last look at the figure before me. My lips shone with gloss and my eyelids shimmered with a subtle shadow.

"You would never have looked this good as a Sith, I'll tell you that" she added

I dropped my head in laughter, she had a point.

"Ok how long do we have until we need to be there?"