𝟐𝟏 - 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧

TW: some readers may find events in this chapter upsetting

Another cry of pain escaped my mouth, but not of physical pain even though my heart felt like it had just been torn apart no this scream was of grief, of guilt, of pure sorrow.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE" I wailed at Athena

Obi-Wan had managed to get Athena in a headlock and held his lightsaber to her throat as she looked down at Anakin and I.

Tears streamed down my cheeks like waterfalls, my whole body was shaking, the only sounds I could produce were whimpers, sobs and screams as i felt...my childs life slip away from me.

Anakin held me tight, he was silent and in shock.

Suddenly releasing myself from anakin and scrambling to my feet, I charged at Athena

"YOU KILLED MY BABY, HOW- HOW COULD YOU, YOU- YOU" I screamed and yelled as I got closer, scraping at the air wishing it was her eyes. Before I could reach her though, Anakin had grabbed me from behind.

there was no use hurting her, nothing could make up for the pain she had caused me.

I struggled for a second as Anakin tried to control me but eventually I gave into his embrace once again and buried my face in his chest then collapsed onto my knees. I was hysterically screaming and crying, I could barely breath. It was like my whole world was collapsing around me.

"wha- what does she mean baby" Athena's voice was almost filled with panic.

Anakin waited a few seconds for what to say next "(y/n) is- was pregnant"

"oh my god- i-" the human began to creep into her voice, the voice of my sister began to return

"i never meant to, i- i'm so sorry, let me-"

"YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH" Anakin yelled at her/

Tears refused to stop falling but now I was dead silent, only the sound of my jagged breathing could be heard. I couldn't even begin to fathom the grief and shock I was feeling, so I just rocked in Anakin's arms silently until we were back on the republic ship.

Anakin's POV

I had to be strong for her, but inside I was crumbling.

I wanted to kill Athena right there and then but I wasn't going to allow her the luxury of a quick, painless death.

Back on the ship, she was locked in the holding cell as the 3 remaining clones stood guard. Athena had managed to take out two of them in the fight earlier.

I sat back down into the pilots seat and rested my head in my hands.

"pregnant?" the concerned voice of Obi-Wan questioned as he sat down in the co-pilots seat.

"Obi-Wan I really can't deal with a lecture right now"

the overwhelming sense of guilt overcame me much like It had when my mother died and the same thought filled my head...

why couldn't I have saved them

He fell silent for a moment. whatever judgements he had about the pregnancy, he kept them quiet for now.  He sighed and spoke again "how's (y/n)?"

I lifted my head and looked back to the passenger area. (y/n) sat on the floor hugging her knees up to her chest with an 1000 mile stare, tears shining in her eyes.

She was sat opposite the holding cell, Athena was trying to speak to her "(y/n), you need to know, I would never purposefully hurt your child, I had no idea" the anger and hate that was so present in Athena's voice earlier had completely disappeared and was now replaced with regret.