𝟔 - 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞

1 month later

"the droids deployed in the outer rim planets are advancing now, my lord. Soon they will have full conrol of the eastern sector"

"good, good" the ghostly hologram of lord Sidious stood tall above me on the transmittor table as I made my report.

"stay on the dreadnaught, young (y/l/n) I will be joining you in a matter of days to oversee and complete your Sith training. with the necessary  loss of Count Dooku, someone must take his place. continue overseeing the troops until I arrive. don't fail me." and then the figure disappeared. the words don't fail me rang in my ears.

I walked over to the large rotating throne that sat infront of the viewing window and sunk into it, sighing.

I gazed out into the black nothingness of space but my mind was somewhere else, as it had been since that day.

it was all I thought about, that and Anakin skyalker.

I couldn't deny that something that hadn't surfaced in many years was beginning to stir.

feelings, emotions.

And as much as I tried to deny it, things were changing. I would try and distract myself from these thoughts as much as possible. Training constantly, target practice with the droids, planning future assaults for the droid army. But every night, when I would toss and turn in bed, my mind would travel to the Jedi, to him.

the way he had hugged me, hugged the enemy  with no hesitation. that's when these feelings really began. that hug, no words had been spoken but it brought back comforting memories, memories of a life before...all of this .

ever since then, something was pulling me towards the Jedi. something I knew now, I couldn't escape from. maybe Anakin was right in the elevator a month ago. Sith weren't meant to feel emotion ,or pain ,or happiness only anger and hate. as I walked up to the huge window, pressing my fingers gently against the cold glass, I realised I had something the other sith didn't...

hope.

-----

the next 30 minutes consisted of frantic pacing round the ship as my head and my heart argued with eachother, but my heart had gained the upper hand for the first time ever.

I was now in the dreadnaughts main hangar and I had brought my few belongings onto Count Dookus old solo sailer  ship, well my  ship now.

I started running flight procedures on the control panel, i was really doing this.

the familiar sound of droids marching against the metal floor filled the hangar.

oh my god.

I had been so caught up in everything, id forgotten that I was in charge of a whole battalion of battle droids stationed all over the galaxy.

I rushed down the ramp of the small ship and called out to the first droid I could see "you!"

the droids head did a 360 spin and its body followed eventually facing me "umm youre in charge now" I ordered.

It stood stationary for a few seconds in pure shock but then proceeded "i- um- roger roger"

I spun back around and headed back up the ramp as it shut behind me.

-----

zooming through hyperspace, i laughed at myself almost in disbelief and shook my head i'm crazy, i must seriously be going insane.

I set my destination on the autopilot...

Coruscant.

(a/n)

super super short chapter but things are starting to pick up now, hope your enjoying it so far!