𝟏𝟒 - 𝐇𝐞𝐫

"I heard that people are quite excited to see if you'll be coming tonight or not" padme said as we flew through the traffic of Coruscant towards the event which we were already late for.

"what?" I laughed "why would anyone care about me?"

"you're the sith turned good its not everyday your mortal enemy knocks on the door asking to join your side. why (y/n), people from all over Coruscant are coming to see you!"

"oh, wow" i replied.

I didn't realise that all of coruscant knew about me? I wasn't one for being centre of attention and i could feel my heart speeding up in my chest already as we neared the entrance to the celebration.

"if you ask me i think the reason this event is so huge is because they have more to celebrate than just victory on kamino" she said pointing at me with her eyes.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded, I was a little overwhelmed to say the least.

Our private transport landed on the entrance platform, we were around 30 minutes late so im guessing everyone was inside already.

A valet came and opened our door for us. He took my hand and helped me, as i stepped out transport, he now stopped and stood still for a second staring at me, in shock? this made me a little uncomfortable,

"hello?" i asked trying to return his gaze back to my eyes.

"oh, yes sorry, sorry ma'am" he said rushing to the other side of the vehicle to go help padme.

Padme and I walked side by side up to the huge main entrance doors. She had decided to wear a beautiful gown that cascaded into several different colours, starting off yellow then ending in a beautiful deep purple.

(I recommend listening to the song "still don't know my name" by Labrinth for this next section, enjoy!)

Anakin's POV

I felt weird not wearing my usual jedi robes but Obi-wan had practically forced me to put these smarter clothes on.

My eyes searched round the room for (y/n) but of course she wasn't one for being early. There was something I needed to tell her and it was important.

Obi-wan found me and noticed my impatient stance "Anakin, what is it? you've been jittery all night" he asked.

His beard was neatly combed and of course he suited his smarter outfit perfectly, I laughed to myself, trust Obi-wan to look good in literally anything.

"nothing, nothing just waiting for someone" I responded.

As much as I tried to conceal it, obi-wan could always see right through me. He turned to face the entrance doors which were now beginning to open but I could feel his side-eye looking at me inquisitively, he knew i was hiding something.

the huge, grand doors swung open slowly now to reveal...

her.

time seemed to slow down as all the heads in the room turned to face her. she was wearing a dress? never thought I'd see that in this lifetime but she looked...beautiful. her eyes darted round the room noticing everyone looking at her.

then in the crowd, she saw me. a smile crossed her lips. that smile.

her dress trailed behind her as she glided down the stairs. her delicate hands sliding down the banister, her hair was swept off her face perfectly. Everyone in the room was silent as their eyes were stuck to her. Only the music in the background adding to the atmosphere.

i quickly began to walk towards her as she neared the bottom of the stairs and i could see her moving towards me too until, Zac.

he stopped in between us, bent down infront of her and kissed her hand.

I clenched my jaw and stared at the back of his head wishing I could laser a hole in it right now.

(y/n)'s POV

taken aback once again by Zac's forwardness i smiled through the awkwardness

"(y/n) you get more and more beautiful every time I see you" Zac purred

"thank you Zac, shall we get a drink?" I asked, I needed to take the edge off after that nerve-racking experience coming down the stairs with all those eyes on me.

"oh no no no I shall get us drinks you stay here looking pretty" I don't know if this comment offended me or not so I just nodded, staying quiet as he walked over to the bar.

"oh so he's you're date" a voice came from behind me, I spun round to meet Anakin's eyes but instead his were slowly tracing up and down my dress then stopped at my lips.

"He's not my date, just a friend" I snapped as his eyes finally met mine.

"Does he know that?" he teased, his arms were crossed as he looked down at me then over in Zac's direction.

Anakin had his usual dark coloured attire on but instead of his loose hanging robes this time he wore more of a tight fitting outfit. I wasn't looking but it was impossible not to notice his toned muscles through his clothes.

"Even if he is being a little flirty why do you care?" i said

"I- I don't care, I just don't want you getting distracted during training that's all" he replied batting away my question like a fly.

"General Skywalker..it's..a pleasure to meet you" Zac had creeped beside me, holding two drinks in his hand. He had a nervous tone to his voice "you've done great things for the Jedi order, I really look up to you"

Zac was my age, Anakin was a few years older than us. I knew he was "the chosen one" but I didn't realise Anakin had fans as Zac looked up at him in awe.

"I'm going to go find Obi-wan" Anakin said in response, throwing Zac a cold stare and storming off. well, that was rude.

Zac shrugged it off. After finishing our drinks and a few more very forward comments he pulled me over to dance.

Sliding his hand round my waist and interlocking the other with mine he explained the tradition of these dances that commenced at all Jedi celebrations.

sweeping me up onto the dance floor I was having fun as he hopelessly tried to teach me the moves, which just resulted in a few bruised toes. The only thing dampening the mood was the hard stares and eye rolls I could feel coming from Anakin.

what was his problem?