𝟓𝟎 - 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐕𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

The ramp lowered down onto the concrete landing pad, the cool, night air swept up into the cockpit when finally, I could smell the fresh, familiar scent and the calming sounds of Coruscant once again.

I was home. Yet I still felt so faraway.

I didn't want to go back to the temple, I didn't even want to move.

My dried blood had stained the pilot seat I sat in, my salty tears had left clean streaks down my otherwise dirty and bruised face.

I had cried so much, there were no possible tears left to cry, however I'm sure I'd prove myself wrong in the next few hours. (If you just started singing the Ariana song, same)

After a few more minutes, I finally forced myself to stand up, wobbling a bit as I held onto the seat for a moment.

I stumbled down the ramp as I noticed Obi-Wan along with some of 501'st rushing towards me, troubled looks striking their faces as they saw me.

"GET A MEDICAL DROID" Rex yelled back as they reached me.

"(y/n), oh my god" Obi-Wan spoke first "what happened?" he held my arms.

I looked at him and opened my mouth to speak but as I became familiar with his face again, there was only one thing in my mind...

This was Anakin's best friend. His brother.

"(y/n), talk to me darling. What's going on?" his eyes travelled to the ship behind me,

"Wait...

Where's Kayla...

where's Anakin?"

My lip quivered as my eyes said it all.

I crumbled onto my knees and mumbled "Gone"

His breath hitched, the troopers stood in silence waiting for me to explain.

Obi-Wan knelt beside me "Dead?"

"Kayla is" I answered simply.

"And Anakin?" I could hear the desperation in his voice as rubbed his hand over my back comfortingly.

I lifted my head to look at him and shook my head.

"I can't- I can't do this" I didn't have the strength to replay the events of earlier.

It was the middle of the night on Coruscant, I was tired, so tired and so full of pain.

I could see how eager Obi-Wan and the others were to know what happened but he nodded graciously and helped me stand, then walked me over to a stretcher that had been brought out.

"Take her to medical centre immediately, she's hurt badly" He spoke to the medical droid.

I took his hand before they rushed me away "I'll tell you all everything later, I'm...I'm so sorry"

He offered me a smile and nodded but his face was filled with sadness.

"Ok (y/n), can you sit up for me" The human nurse spoke.

It was a week, six stitches and two surgeries later when I sat up on the bed in the recovery centre.

A mini, decorative water fountain and flowers attempted to make my temporary room relaxing but just reminded me where I was...and why.

"Ok you're vitals are looking good, I am afraid there will be scarring, especially with the nasty gash across your lips but except for that, you should make a full recovery in a few weeks. I can discharge you, but you'll have to promise me you'll stay away from any physical exercise"