𝟔𝟖 - 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲...

7 Years Later

When Palpatine fell, the empire fell with him.

The Jedi Order thrived, finally being able to carry out their true purpose. Keeping the peace.

Now, when people spoke of war, it was through great tales of battle and heroism, stories that would stop humble passer-by's in their tracks, who couldn't help but be sucked in to the stories of the greats.

Now, instead of angst-filled expressions and turned down faces, the Jedi temple on Coruscant was filled with optimistic smiles and peaceful conversations. It was a place where people were finally looking up and taking note of the light around them instead of cowering in the shadows.

But if you were looking for a certain named family in particular who once roamed the temple halls, you wouldn't find them. They aren't there anymore.

For the Skywalkers were no longer on Coruscant. 

They were on Naboo. Along with the Kenobi's.

(y/n)'s POV

(play "turning page" again but this time the version by Sydney Rose, trust me)

A feather-light breeze drifted through the wispy white drapes, cooling against my face as I pulled out of sleep.

The warm morning sunlight pooled over floor, leaking up onto the bed and soaking at my toes.

The comforting smell of Anakin was my first sense to be reminded of him, next was his touch as his body was pressed against mine and his arms lay draped around my waist, face nestled in my hair.

Not every morning was the same. Sometimes I would jolt to the crash of thunder from outside, or to the timid pleas of Destiny calling out for me. But no matter what dragged me from my sleep, Anakin was always there to pull me right back into his arms. 

We could fall asleep side by side but every morning we would still wake up with limbs entangled, lips against each others skin and hands knitted in each others hair. It was inevitable and it was the best feeling in the world, waking up with him.

I dragged my eyes open and lifted my face to look at the man who slept soundly beside me.

Wriggling my arm out from his almost-too-tight hold, I let my fingers return to their favourite place in his hair, watching how they threaded through his soft, champagne locks.

They continued their journey down the back of his neck. I trailed my nails across his shoulders lightly then back up in a smooth motion, just admiring my husband.

Only when I looked back at his face a few seconds later did I realise that those ocean blue eyes were gazing right back at me.

His mouth curved into a smile "good morning" oh how his rough morning voice made me fall in love with him all over again every time I heard it "I like it when you do that"

"Hm?"

"When you play with my hair" he replied. His hands moved to my cheeks and he pulled my face to his, pouring kisses onto my mouth.

"I like it when you do that" I grinned into his lips.

"Oh yeah? how about when I do this..." his lips dragged down to my jaw, moving tantalisingly slow to the skin just below my ear. I felt the pads of his fingers trailing down my back as his kiss found my pulse and he sucked at it gently, taking all the air out of my lungs with just his touch as I gasped.

"Yep" I only just managed to get out "that too"

He brushed my hair over my shoulder to get better access to my neck, pulling at my waist to move me underneath him as he manoeuvred on top of me.