𝟓𝟓 - 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

"Everyone form on me, we're closing in on Grievous's ship" I ordered over my commlink pilot headset.

"Right with you baby" Anakin's voice crackled back.

His fighter sped up to fly steadily to the left of mine.

My eyes darted through the glass of my cockpit, through the oxygenless air of space and over to meet his handsome face. (GIF above. HE'S SO HOT) After a smug smile, he shot me one of his two-fingered salutes.

This man.

"Affirmative" A second voice confirmed into my headset.

"Glad you could join us Commander Tano"

Ahsoka's fighter pulled up to the right of mine.

"You don't need to call me Commander anymore (y/n), I'm not back, I just came for old time's sake, and to rid this galaxy of this slime-ball once and for all"

"Well...Jedi or not, glad you're here...commander" Anakin chimed in.

And so we sped through the star littered night, our three fighters zooming in parallel, straight towards Grievous's dreadnaught 'the invisible hand'.

My old home.

I don't know how the man...droid...monster...WHATEVER-HE-WAS had managed to stay alive all this time but after the separatists had merged into Palpatine's empire, Grievous had presumably followed, bringing his troops and evil-ways with him.

"So, what's the plan then General?" Anakin asked, snapping me out of my a thousand mile stare into space.

Oh kriff. A plan...

"Umm...get onto the ship andddd...go from there"

"Right...so no plan then" He concluded laughing.

"Work in progress..." I admitted, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well...RACE YOU THERE" Ahsoka squealed with a burst of excitement before her fighter sped off ahead.

"Always on the move" I heard Anakin mumble.

"Oh you're on" I challenged, pushing the yoke of my ship into full throttle.

"This is where the fun begins" Anakin smirked.

Our fighters got so close that I could practically lean out the cockpit and kiss him.

Before that thought even had the time to pass through my head, he cut in front of me, mirroring any of my movements so as not to let me get past.

"Out my way Skywalker" I demand over the commlink.

"Only if you ask nicely" he coos playfully.

"UGH...please" I respond reluctantly, gripping at the yokes handle harder.

"Sorry, you cut off, what did you say?" he replied, adding a fake innocent tone to his voice.

"UGH PLEASE ANAKIN MOVE" I repeated, giving in.

"Hmm, that sounds familiar..."

And in that split-second my eyes darted to the ion laser cannons that sat in perfect position to blast him into oblivion.

And then, a smirk tugged across my lips.

"Oh my god!" I yelled dramatically.

"What? what's going on (y/n)?!" Anakin's now worried voice replied, his ship slightly slowing down ahead of mine.

"All my systems are failing! MY ENGINES ARE FAILING. HELP. I NEED HELP"

A silent, shocked pause sounds over the comms before "OK. OK. um, don't panic, don't panic! I'm right here (y/n)" his fighter pulls back, to join me at my side, leaving a clear straight for me to zoom right ahead.