𝟒𝟔 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

Anakin's POV

I yawned and rubbed my eyes as sleep drifted away from me and I woke up the morning after the wedding.

I stretched my arms above my head as my muscles came to life. I observed our new bedroom, one of our wedding gifts from the Jedi council was a new shared apartment for (y/n) and I, it was much bigger and better than our previous ones. The interior design was a light cream and white with splashes of purple in places, just like (y/n) loved. Best of all though a large king-sized bed to suit...every need.

But now my attention was stuck on something much more important than the room. My wife.

I turned my body to the side and noticed she was still in a deep sleep, I guess she may have partied a little too hard last night and what came after may have also left her a little...tired.

She faced toward the other side of the room, her luscious, long hair cascaded loosely onto her pillow. Her shoulders moved up and down very slightly as she breathed calmly, every so often taking a deep inhale.

I couldn't help the smile that escaped my mouth as the realisation that she was all mine struck once again.

I gently placed my hand on her bare back and traced my fingers along her soft, skin travelling along the nape of her neck, across her shoulder blades and up and down the centre of her back.

Images of her from the day before flashed across my mind. Walking down the isle in that dress, dancing like no one was watching in the middle of the dancefloor, the way she looked up at me with those big, beautiful eyes when we came back to the room, kissing in only the glow of the candles, the way she had whispered sweet nothings into my ear before she fell asleep in my arms.

I broke from the trance of memories as I sensed (y/n) waking up.

(y/n)'s POV

I peacefully awoke to the feeling of anakins warm hand stroking my back. I turned over to face him with excitment, I always loved his gruff morning voice and his cute morning face and his disheveled morning hair and his morning...everything!

I sighed as I saw the perfection that was Anakin Skywalker smiling back at me.

"Good morning Skywalker" I said in my rough voice, scrunching then opening my eyes as I started to properly wake up.

"Good morning skywalker" he replied smugly.

"Oh yeah" I chuckled, I guess the Skywalker nickname fit a wider reach now that the family had expanded by one, me. "How long have you been awake?"

"Only five minutes or so"

"thanks for the back rub, it doesnt go unnoticed" I beamed at him.

"well, expect many more to come now that we officially share the same bed. Oh about that, not sure how long I'm going to last with all that snoring of yours" he tutted in attempt to wind me up as he began to roll onto his back.

"Hey! I do not snore!" I retaliated dropping my jaw and pulling him back to face me playfully.

"Hmm" he lifted his eyebrows.

I growled and hit his chest, he caught my hands before they could hit him though and pulled me right into him, then rolled so he was ontop of me, propping himself up with his hands either side of my head, all in the space of a few seconds.

"Ok you win this round" I accepted in defeat as he had me pinned down.

"You're cute like this" he smirked, leaning down and kissing me.