𝟔𝟐 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

"Ok!" The excitable nurse stumbled into the medbay, clipboard in hand. "So, you're here for your eight month check-up?"

"Yes" Anakin and I responded in unison, glancing to each other when we did so.

It was the same nurse who had tended to me so many times before, always putting up with my cuts and bruises and now finally I was proud to say I could come to her providing a life, instead of almost losing my own.

"I'm sorry I've never properly introduced myself before, always been busy trying to keep you alive most of the time I've seen you" she laughed awkwardly as she shut the door, closing out the racket of the bustling temple medical centre. "I'm nurse Imogen, but you can just call me Imy" she beamed.

She was a young, smallish girl with golden, blonde hair that she tied into a loose, low ponytail trailing down her back as loose strands framed her face. Her huge, warm hazel eyes welcomed us as she gestured over to the bed for me to lie on as Anakin stayed close beside me.

His hand clasped over mine, keeping my fragile fingers interlocked with his at all times. 

Anakin's protectiveness had only grown in these past four months since returning home from Felucia. He brought me to every meeting of his, accompanied me to every meal-time and of course, came to every single check-up, no matter what other duties he had to avoid, much to the councils disapproval.

Imy pulled up a rolling chair and slid over next to me on the other side of the bed. I had done this many times by now and already knew to lift up my top over my bump and prepare for the cold sensation of the ultrasound gel to arrive.

"Remind me how many weeks along are you darling?" she asked, by the way she had scanned her clipboard I'm sure she already knew but was just asking to make sure I did.

"She's thirty-four weeks today" I managed to say without the words even leaving my lips and instead leaving Anakin's as he looked especially proud of himself for knowing.

She spread the gel over my stomach and I squeezed onto Anakin's hand a little tighter as it felt like icicles pricking all my senses, but he only squeezed back, melting those very ice shards away along with my heart.

The screen by the foot of the bed flickered slightly as she moved a device across my belly before focusing on the black and white live image of my womb and the baby inside it. No matter how many times we had done this, it still sent sparks through my veins and awe into my eyes as both Anakin and I leant forward slightly to get a better view.

"Oh-oh wow" Imy gasped, observing another screen to the left of her that was producing data and numbers and other things that my eyes couldn't squint enough to read.

"What is it? is everything ok?" I questioned with a hint of fear in my voice, head snapping over in her direction.

"Well, I'm just looking at the new data and we have been able to pick up the baby's midi-chloiran count...and with both of yours combined...it's over thirty-thousand!"

My jaw dropped to the floor and Anakin's hand fell out of mine.

"But...that's- that's even higher than Anakin's. You're telling me I'm carrying the child with the most midi-chlorians in the ENTIRE GALAXY?"

"I guess you two made a pretty powerful baby" Imy shrugged with a giggle.

To describe the look on my face would be difficult. I would say it was a mix of someone who was absolutely terrified of what they had created inside of them but at the same time utterly overjoyed and excited and as I turned to Anakin, I could see his expression was somewhat similar, perhaps more emphasis on the terrified.