56

Eliana's POV:

We gathered in Scott's kitchen. Three Macs were set up on the counter. Kira studied the set-up. "Is three enough?"

Stiles shrugged. "Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Are we really doing this?"

Scott nodded. "We're doing it. Tonight."

Liam frowned at Scott. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

Stiles turned to him. "It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic."

"Have you guys ever done something like this before?"

I turned to the beta. "Something borderline or something idiotic?"

Kira turned to her and said, "I think it's a yes to both. Justifying from your expression."

Scott turned to Kira and Liam. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

Liam shook his head. "I'm not scared."

Stiles sighed. "Then you're borderline idiotic. If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira questioned.

Scott's gaze shifted to her. "Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required."

Stiles nodded. "Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So you don't get paid if you kill someone on the deadpool and can't send proof," I said and Kira nodded.

Liam frowned. "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?"

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott answered.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list," Stiles added.

"So if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam began.

Scott nodded at his beta. "He's going to have to come get it himself."

Later, at the morgue, Melissa sighed. "I still hate this plan. I mean, this is pretty significantly terrifying. He looks dead."

"Give me your hand," Mrs. Yukimura replied.

Melissa did so and Stiles told her, "It's okay. Just wait."

She felt a faint heartbeat and looked up at Mr. Yukimura. "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?"

Mrs. Yukimura nodded. "Enough for an Alpha."

"How much time do we have?" Melissa asked.

"Forty-five minutes."

"What happens after that?"

"I bring him back," Kira answered.

Melissa shook her head. "No, I mean, what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?"

Mrs. Yukimura looked at each of us. "No one's told her?"

Melissa frowned. "What? What happens after forty-five minutes?"

"He dies."

Stiles left to help Argent and I followed him, since here wasn't much else I could do at the moment.

Argent typed something and Stiles frowned. "That's your assassin speak?"

Argent looked down at him. "I said he's dead. What more do you want?"