14

Throughout the day, I sensed another werewolf scent. I wasn't sure who it was until Isaac Lahey walked by and knew it was him. And I knew who bit him, too.

I dialed Derek's number. "You bit Isaac?!"

"He needed help. His father abused him. I think you can relate."

"Don't tell me how I can relate, Hale. That doesn't give you an excuse to bite him!"

"I'm not discussing this with you if you're not willing to listen."

"Fine."

"Fine."

I hung up, annoyed at what he'd done.

I noticed Allison and Lydia walking into the school. Allison looked at me warily for a second before smiling. I didn't smile back.

Allison turned to Lydia. "You really don't remember anything?"

Lydia shook her head. "They call it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying, "We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days." But, personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

I smiled softly. "That's great, Lyds."

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked, peering at the looming hallway.

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

I shot Lydia a look as Allison said, "Maybe it's the nine pounds."

People looked at the three of us, specifically Lydia and I glared. "I'm sure you guys have better places to look! Buzz off!"

I went through the day, barely paying attention and once school ended, made my way to the lacrosse field just as Coach was yelling for the boys to line up.

"Here we go," Scott said, ramming a player. "Let me help you up."

"McCall!" Coach yelled.

"Yeah."

"Usually the goalie stays somewhere within the vicinity of the actual goal."

"Yes, Coach."

"Let's try that again."

Scott bumped into another player and he yelled, "What the hell, man?"

"My bad, dude," Scott apologized.

"McCall!" Coach cried. "The position's goalkeeper. Not goal abandoner."

"Sorry, Coach."

"Let's go! Stilinski, what the hell is wrong with your friend? Hart, I see you over there! Perhaps you know?"

"Uh, he's failing classes," Stiles began.

I walked up next to Stiles as I said, "He's a little socially awkward and if you look close enough, his jaw line's kind of uneven."

I shot Scott a smirk, knowing he could hear me.

Coach nodded. "That's interesting. Let's fire it up."

"Stiles!" I hissed. "What the hell is Scott doing?"

"He's trying to find the other werewolf."

Oh, Scott. You have no clue what you're doing, do you?

I heard Jackson say that his shoulder was hurting and asked to sit out. He walked towards Isaac and the latter begged, "Don't tell them. Please don't tell them."

I continued following Jackson, masking my scent. I saw that the old man, who I now knew to be Gerard Argent, was the principal. Well, shit.