92

Eliana's POV:

We trudged through the woods and Malia said, "We can still catch him."

"Catch who?" Scott asked, looking at Malia.

"The killer. What are you thinking about?"

Scott and I stared at the fleur-de-lis bullet I'd found.

I held up the bullet. "We need to take this to Argent."

Malia frowned. "Even if he's the one that fired it?"

Scott nodded. "Especially if he's the one." He stopped abruptly. "Do you two hear that?"

After a moment, Malia and I asked, "Heartbeats?"

"A lot of them. They're here."

"Who?" Lydia wondered.

"Hunters," I confirmed, hearing the fear in Scott's voice.

He and I ran off and Malia called after him. "Scott!"

Scott and I turned and saw hunters coming closer. We stopped, seeing several red laser-sight beams crossing the woods. We bared our fangs. Scott showed his alpha eyes and I showed my own wolf eyes. Scott and I attacked the closest figures, who were Sheriff Stilinski and my dad.

"Argh," Sheriff Stilinski said. "Scott. Eliana. Scott, Eliana, it's me. It's me! Scott! Scott. Eliana, let your father go."

I leapt away and shot my dad an apologetic smile before turning to the hunter who still had a gun pointed at my friend's heart and growled.

The sheriff said, "Okay, okay. Come on. It's okay. It's okay." He looked around. "Everybody stay back. They're just kids."

Deputy Vargas glared at us, gun still pointed at Scott. "What's wrong with their eyes?"

I turned to the deputy and growled threateningly. "Rude ass question. Put the fucking gun away, Vargas."

Parrish shook his head. "You heard the sheriff. Eliana, calm down. Stand down."

Scott and I shifted back to normal and started panting before he said, "I'm really sorry. You don't think they'll say anything, do you?"

Parrish smiled at us. "No more than they're used to."

"You wanna tell me and the sheriff what happened out here?" my dad asked.

"He's a Hellhound," Lydia explained.

"A dead Hellhound," Malia added, earning a look from Lydia.

Sheriff Stilinski and my dad nodded. "Yep, got that."

Parrish frowned. "Well I don't get it. I didn't think you could kill a Hellhound."

I pursed my lips. "Anything can be killed."

Malia nodded and shrugged. "Looks a lot easier than we thought."

I pocketed the bullet casing as I said, "I doubt it was just any bullet."

"I hope not," Parrish muttered, kneeling next to the body.

After everyone left, Lydia, Malia, Scott and I looked to each other. Lydia turned to Scott. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Why didn't you say anything?" Scott repeated.

"Why didn't either of you say anything?" Malia asked.

"Why didn't any of you, us, say anything?" I wondered. "Don't continue that."

Malia frowned at Scott. "Wait, was I supposed to say something?"