24

Scott, my dad and I met up with Isaac and Sheriff Stilinski in the locker room.

The sheriff said, "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means--the hell, I don't know what that means. Um, look, if he answers the phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him--"

"We'll call you," Isaac finished.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him," Scott reassured.

Sheriff nodded. "Yeah. I'll see you, okay?"

Coach spoke to Scott for a moment and I turned to Isaac. "Do you think we'll find Stiles?"

Isaac nodded, placing a hand on my shoulder. "We'll find him. If anyone can, it's you and Scott."

My dad smiled. "We'll all find him, Isaac."

Scott rejoined us and asked, "Is that everyone?"

Isaac looked around quickly. "I think so. You're gonna find him by scent?"

Scott nodded. "Yeah, we all are. Well, except for Mr. Hart. He's gonna use his cop skills."

"Right. But how come you and Eliana get his shirts and I get a shoe?"

I smirked at Isaac as two figures appeared out of nowhere.

"We need to talk," Derek said.

"All of us," Peter added.

My dad instantly pushed me behind him, making a move to grab his gun.

"Holy sh--!" Scott cried, stopping his words. "What the hell is this?"

Derek's head shifted slightly to one side. "You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station."

"Okay, hold on. He--he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one," Peter remarked. "Have you see his mom? She's gorgeous."

"Shut up," Derek and Scott said in sync.

My dad frowned. "Enough."

Isaac pointed at Peter. "Who is he?"

"That's Peter," I replied. "Derek's psychotic uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire and Derek slashed his throat."

"Hi," Peter greeted with a wave.

"That's good to know," Isaac muttered.

"How is he alive?" Scott asked angrily.

Derek met my eyes, warning me not to say anything before replying, "Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful, except Jackson's dead," Isaac informed.

"What?" Derek asked in confusion.

Scott nodded. "Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field."

Isaac saw everyone's faces and said, "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen," Peter answered.

"But why?" Derek asked again.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

We made our way to Derek's charred house and Scott got a call. "Oh. Oh they found Stiles."