42

Eliana's POV:

I woke up to pounding on my door, loud enough to sound throughout the whole house.

Evan yelled arm the other side, "Scott, don't you dare-"

My door opened and I glared at my friend. "What is so important that you have to disturb my sleep? Which, is very important, by the way."

He sighed. "Eliana, Stiles is missing."

"Missing?"

"Yeah. Come on. We're headed to his house. And don't call your dad."

"I need to use the bathroom."

"Ella, we don't have time."

"Hey, newsflash, McCall. Werewolves pee!"

After making sure Scott wasn't listening, I called my dad, but he didn't answer. I left a voicemail. "Dad, Stiles is missing. I don't know where he is, but we gotta find him. Please, Dad. I can't lose another friend."

We made our way to Scott's and Stiles called Scott again, letting him know he thought he was in an industrial area.

I noticed Lydia and asked, "He call you?"

Lydia met my eyes. "I heard it."

Aiden sighed. "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask."

I stepped closer to the murder board and said, "He uses red for unsolved cases."

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?"

In sync, Lydia and I said, "Or is an unsolved case."

Lydia frowned as something dawned on her. "Hold on. Is he still out there? You don't know where it is?"

"He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere. We came here to get a better scent," Scott replied.

"What else did he say?"

I met her eyes. "He said there was something wrong with his leg, that it was bleeding."

"And freezing," Isaac added.

Aiden frowned. "Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s."

"What else did he say?" Lydia asked.

Scott let out a sigh. "We kind of didn't tell him yet."

"Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad? Ella, did you call yours?"

I nodded. "Of course I did."

Scott frowned at me. "You called your dad?"

"Yeah. I did. I can't believe you didn't call Sheriff Stilinski!"

"He made me promise not to. Made Ella promise not to, but it's not surprising she didn't listen."

Lydia pulled out her phone and Scott said, "Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help. I can get more help. I can call Derek and Allison, everyone except the cops."

"Great idea," Lydia and I retorted.

I looked at my friend. "Lydia, call the sheriff. I don't care what Stiles said. I don't care what Scott is saying. Call Sheriff Stilinski."

She nodded and Aiden looked between us. "You guys remember she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?"

"Yeah, thanks for that, Aiden."

Scott shook his head. "You don't have to call his dad. It's five minutes to the station."

We made our way downstairs and Lydia said, "We'll catch up."