Epilogue

[Special aesthetic below: figured it'd be easier to do it that way instead of multiple pictures.

Time skip of five years (Ella is now 23, hence the older image of her)]

Eliana's POV:

There was a knock on my door and I said, "Come in!"

The door opened and Lydia appeared. She gasped and smiled. "Oh, Ella, you look beautiful."

"Thank you. Is it normal to feel nervous?"

"Yeah, it is. But you don't have to worry. Are you ready?"

I swallowed nervously. "I think so."

"When you see him, you will be. I'll let your dad know."

She left and minutes later, there was another knock on my door.

"Eliana?" Dad called. "Lydia says you're ready. May Evan and I come in?"

"You may," I answered.

Dad and Evan entered and smiled and Dad said, "My darling rose. You look... You look beautiful."

Evan smiled and nodded. "He's right. It's nice to see you so happy, El."

I returned their smiles and hugged them tightly.

Scott and Stiles greeted me outside the room and Stiles said, "You look beautiful, Ella. You're gonna blow Derek away."

Scott laughed and replied, "No kidding. We'll see you inside, okay?" He handed me a tissue. "Just in case you need it."

I smiled at my friends. "Thanks, guys. Now go on, get in there! Oh, uh, Derek's still there, right? He hasn't gotten cold feet?"

Stiles shook his head. "No Sourwolf definitely hasn't gotten cold feet. If anything, he's waiting impatiently for you."

"Good. That eases my nerves a little."

After another round of hugs from my brother and best friends, they left and sat down; presumably.

Dad and I made our way to the aisle and I linked my arm through his. Love from Robin Hood began playing as we walked down the aisle.

I focused on Derek's face and caught his gaze. His expression radiated one of pure love, and I was quite sure mine portrayed the same.

When Dad and I reached the front of the aisle, he kissed me on my forehead and went to sit down.

Derek smiled and whispered, "You look stunning, Eliana."

I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn't get the words out.

Derek took my hand and smiled. "You don't have to say anything. I know."

The minister spoke. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Eliana Hart and Derek Hale. If anyone has any objection, speak now or forever hold your peace."

I looked out across the crowd at my family and friends. No one protested, which was a surprising relief, not that I expected anyone to say anything against the marriage.

"All right. I understand you two have prepared your own vows. Eliana, you may speak yours first."

I met Derek's eyes and said, "It started as a simple search in the woods, and became more than I ever thought possible. Derek, you saved me more times than I can count. With you, I felt safe. Even from the first time we met, I knew I could trust you. You were always there to reassure me, to protect me, to rescue me."

Derek's lip quivered as he pulled out a notecard, causing a light smirk to cross my face, and spoke his vows. "From the moment I saw you, I knew you would be mine. My favorite part of the day was when I saw you. You brightened my day, even if yours was awful. Love was never a difficult emotion with you. It was almost instant. You, my love, are my rose in a garden of thorns."

We repeated the usual phrase regarding sickness and health, in life and death. We put rings on each other's left hands.

The minister then said, "Derek, you may kiss your bride."

Derek smiled tenderly and brought his lips close to mine and kissed me, which I eagerly returned.

The minister smiled. "I now pronounce you man and wife. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Hale."

My friends and family stood and clapped excitedly.

I smiled at the man who was now my husband. If you told me seven years ago that I'd met the man I'd spend the rest of my life with, I would have laughed in your face.

Life is a funny thing. The unexpected often sneaks up on us when we least expect. I guess that's destiny, and she can be a beautiful, unexpected thing.

The evolved werewolf and the white wolf, his Luna. Destined lovers from the beginning and to the end of forever.

Derek Hale is part of my destiny, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wedding aesthetic:

Aisle song:

First dance song:

[From the bottom of my heart, thannk you to those who have followed along with Eliana's story. It has been a ride and I'm sad to say this is the end. I have absolutely loved writing her story and it's been wonderful to see her develop over the course of the chapters. I hope you all have enjoyed her as much as I have and thank you all for taking the time to read/vote/comment/tell your friends about her. I love and appreciate you all and the support you've given. So, again I say thank you! 🖤]