09

Derek and I were running, trying to catch the Alpha while Scott and Stiles were driving Derek's car.

"Get in," Stiles ordered, opening the door.

Scott frowned. "What part of laying low don't you understand?"

"Damnit!" Derek cursed. "I had him."

I glanced at Derek. "You mean we had him."

"Right. We had him."

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asked.

"Yes!" Derek cried. "He was right in front of us, and the stupid friggin' police showed up."

I jabbed Derek's chest. "Heyo. My dad is a member of the stupid friggin' police. Watch your words."

Stiles nodded. "Whoa, hey, they're just doing their job--"

Derek cut Stiles' off with a glare. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that?" Scott shot back. "I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."

Stiles sighed. "All right. How did you find him?"

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

"Yeah, all of us. Or two of us. Or Ella. Or him. I'll be back here."

Derek frowned, flicking his eyes to me. "I trust her. Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our Chemistry teacher?" Stiles questioned.

"Why him?" Scott wondered.

Derek shook his head. "I don't know yet."

"What's the second?" I asked.

"Some kind of symbol." He showed a picture, and Scott reacted. "What? You know what this is?"

Scott nodded. "I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace."

I huffed, glancing at Derek. "This is gonna be impossible, you know."

Scott rolled his eyes and shot me a look telling me he knew.

"Why don't you ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles asked once we'd arrived at school.

"How?" Scott wondered.

"It's easy. You just say, "Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?"

"Stiles, shut up," I mumbled.

"You're not helping," Scott added.

"Why don't you just talk to her," Stiles suggested.

Scott shook his head. "She won't talk to me. What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?"

I sighed. "Scotty, you have it bad."

He nodded. "I know."

"That's why you ease," Stiles began, "that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on the good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask her for the necklace. You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"

"Yeah."

"Snap out of it, Scott," I demanded. "You need to focus."

Stiles nodded at my words. "All right, stay focused, okay? Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison. In that order. Got it?"