55

Eliana's POV:

I rested on my stomach while Scott, Stiles and I listened to the tape. Stiles pressed play, and we heard a male voice. "After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment."

"Either of you ever made a wire transfer?" Stiles questioned.

Scott shook his head. "Never had enough money."

I shifted on the bed and replied, "No."

Stiles looked between us. "So you didn't understand a word of that either?"

Scott frowned. "I don't understand any of this. Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?"

"Someone wants you two dead, dude. Badly," Stiles said as Scott slid the bag of money under the bed. "Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?"

"It's late," Scott replied. "We've got PSATs in the morning."

Stiles shook his head. "No, I meant the money. $500,000. You know how much money that is?"

"It's $500,000..."

I rolled my eyes. "Which is half a million. What are you going to do with it? Hide it under your bed and hope you mom doesn't find it?"

He turned to me. "I have to talk to Derek. The money's his."

"You mean his and Peter's," Stiles corrected.

"What does that mean?"

"It means you should give it to Derek," I told him.

Stiles shot me a look before Scott asked, "You don't think we should tell Derek? Ella clearly does."

Stiles stood and looked out the window. "No. No." He let out a sigh and said, "No, of course we have to tell him. I'm just... I'm just saying, some of that money's Peter's, right?" He turned away from them.

"Yeah."

"Right? Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give $500,000 to him."

Scott frowned. "So we should give Derek his money back. But not Peter?"

"I didn't say that," Stiles said.

I let out an annoyed huff. "What are you saying?"

We heard something and panicked. Scott and I stood, trying to look like we weren't doing anything. The door opened and Malia entered. "We found Satomi's pack. Derek and I. But they're dead."

"All of them?" Scott asked with a frown.

"All the ones we found."

"Then where's Derek?" Stiles wondered.

My brow furrowed, worried as to where he was.

---

The next morning, my alarm woke me up too early and I grabbed it and threw it against the wall.

Evan stood in my open door and frowned. "Wow; you really aren't a morning person. You got a test to take."

I growled. "Shut the hell up and let me sleep."

"Can't do that, El. Come on, let's go."

Evan drove me to school while I fought sleep.

He stopped the car and swatted my arm. "We're here."