02

While I normally wouldn't be in the boys locker room, I was providing moral support for Scott, who was freaking out. Majorly.

"Did you apologize to Allison?" I asked.

"Yeah," Scott said.

"Is she giving you a second chance or--" Stiles began.

Scott cut him off. "Yeah."

"Yeah! All right. So everything's good."

"No."

"No?"

"Remember the hunters? Her dad is one of 'em."

"Her dad?" I repeated as realization dawned on me.

"Shot me--"

"Allison's father?" Stiles asked.

"With a crossbow."

"Allison's father--" I repeated.

"Yes! Her father. Oh, my God."

I snapped my fingers in Scott's face. "Snap back, Scott. You okay? Hey, all right? I couldn't hear the conversation, but he didn't recognize you, right?"

"No. N-no. I don't think so. He mentioned Eliana, but I couldn't tell if he knew the truth about her."

"Does she know about him? About both of you?" Stiles asked.

"Oh, yeah. I don't know. What if she does? This is gonna kill me, man."

I patted Scott's shoulder. "Just focus on lacrosse, Scott."

Stiles handed Scott his stick. "Okay, here, Scott. Take this. Take this and focus on lacrosse for now, okay? That's all you gotta do, yeah?"

"Lacrosse," Scott repeated.

After lacrosse practice, Lydia walked over to me, Scott and Stiles. "Why is there a rumor going around that you're not playing tomorrow?"

"'Cause I'm sort of not," Scott replied.

"I think you sort of are. Especially when you brutally injure my boyfriend by ramming into him."

"He brutally injured himself ramming into me."

"Jackson's gonna play tomorrow. But he's not gonna be at his peak, and I prefer my boyfriend at peak performance."

"Okay."

"I date the captain of the winning lacrosse team, and if they start off the season losing, I date the captain of the losing lacrosse team. I don't date losers."

"Lydia, calm down," I said.

Scott angered her further by saying, "Losing one game isn't gonna kill anyone. In fact, it might even save someone."

"Fine!" Lydia exclaimed. "Don't play. We'll probably win anyway. Then we'll go out after, like we were planning, and I'll introduce Allison to all the hot players on the team. And Scott McCall can stay home, surfing the net for the next porn."

"Mr. McCall, you aren't even close to solving your next problem," the teacher said.

"Tell me about it," Scott muttered.

"Hey, come here," Stiles said, grabbing me and Scott by our shirts.

"What?"

I pushed Stiles away. "Dude. Seriously."

"Come here," Stiles repeated. "Sorry, Ella. Tell me what they're saying. Can you two hear 'em?"

I heard Sheriff Stilinski say something about a curfew.