69

Eliana's POV:

Five days after rescuing Liam and Hayden, Theo walked up to me and Scott and said, "Hey. I need to talk to you two."

I frowned as Theo added, "It's not really about me. But it's something I probably should've told you two a long time ago."

Scott glanced to me and back to Theo and we asked, "What is it?"

"It's about Stiles." He stopped. "Wait... Do you two hear that?"

"Is that the police?" I wondered.

"It's an ambulance."

Mason's panicked voice said, "He just started bleeding everywhere. I don't..."

Corey was placed into an ambulance and was choking as he begged, "Don't let them do it. Don't let them kill me!"

Theo turned to us. "Scott, Eliana, we have to follow them. We have to protect him, right? Scott, Eliana, come on. Scott? Eliana?"

A siren wailed and Theo kept calling Scott's and my name.

I finally registered that my name was being called.

We followed the ambulance to the hospital and Scott said, "Hey, what did you want to talk to us about?"

"It can wait," Theo replied.

I frowned. "If there's something wrong, you need to tell us."

Scott nodded. "We've all got to start talking to each other again."

"This might not be the best place to start, Scott, Eliana," Theo warned.

"You think Ella and I are going to be angry?"

Theo shook his head. "Not with me."

I let out an annoyed sigh. "Just get on with it, Theo."

"Open the glove box," Theo instructed and Scott did so. "It belonged to Stiles." Scott pulled out the bloody wrench. "He dropped it at the school."

"Dropped it when?" I wondered.

"When he killed Donovan."

"What are you talking about?" Scott asked.

"You know he hurt his shoulder, right? You smelled the blood."

"That was the Jeep," I said. "He told us the Jeep's hood fell on his shoulder."

Theo shook his head. "No, no, no, that was Donovan. He went after Stiles in the library. I only saw the end of it. And when I saw what Stiles was doing... I couldn't stop him." He paused. "I shouldn't... I shouldn't be telling you this. You should hear this from him..."

"Tell us," Scott and I demanded.

"I saw Donovan go down. Stiles hit him with the wrench, and then, he just, he just kept hitting him."

Scott and I exchanged a confused look and he said, "Uh, maybe it was because he... He threatened to kill his dad."

"Or maybe Stiles thought he had to keep going to defend himself, but he just... He kept hitting him."

I frowned. "That's not possible. He wouldn't do that."

"He crushed that kid's skull. I heard it cracking and splintering. By the time I pulled Stiles off him, half of Donovan's head was caved in. It didn't even look real." He started stammering. "I kept telling myself that it was self-defense, but... Scott, Eliana, I'm sorry. I've never seen anyone that angry. You should... You should talk to Stiles. You have to talk to him."