34

Scott's POV:

I reached Derek's loft and he opened the door as though he'd already sensed Ella.

"What happened?" Derek demanded.

"Ms. Blake happened," I replied angrily. "She also attacked Lydia. Derek, she's killing people. She took the sheriff and Officer Hart."

He knelt next to Ella and stroked her hair softly as her eyes opened. She looked around worriedly and relaxed as soon as she saw Derek.

Stiles joined us and shook his head, letting me know he'd heard nothing.

Stiles and I took Ella and hid behind a pillar because I caught a scent.

The door opened again and Ms. Blake called, "Derek? Derek, where are you?"

"Right here," Derek replied.

"Thank God. Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

"From who?"

"Scott, Stiles. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise."

"They're already here, aren't they? So... they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

I stepped out of the shadows. "We told him you're the one killing people."

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad and Ella's dad?" Stiles asked.

"How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' and Eliana's fathers?" Derek questioned.

"No."

"As her why she almost killed Lydia and hurt Eliana," I told him.

Ms. Blake frowned. "Lydia Martin? Eliana Hart? I don't know anything about that."

Derek narrowed his eyes. "What do you know?"

"I know that these boys, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way."

Ella scoffed as she stepped between me and Stiles. "You really need to control your heartbeat."

I put a hand in front of Ella and asked, "What if we can?"

"What is that?" Ms. Blake challenged.

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure... which means you can use it... and it can be used against you."

I took some mistletoe and threw it at her.

"Mistletoe?" Ms. Blake questioned as she transformed into her true form; a bald, gray-headed creature.

Derek stepped back and Ms. Blake said, "Derek, wait, wait! You need me."

"What are you?" Derek demanded.

"The only person who can save your sister. Call Peter. Call him!"

Derek did as instructed and Peter answered. "It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance."