76

Stiles' POV:

Theo grabbed Lydia by her neck, drawing blood. "Back off."

Parrish kept moving forward. "I said back off," Theo repeated. Parrish didn't listen and Theo instructed, "Take him."

I saw Tracy growling at Parrish. She stabbed her claws into his stomach, but it did nothing and he fought her off easily. Josh grabbed an electrical conduit and pulled out the exposed wires inside. He pressed them against Parrish's skin, it didn't work, and was shoved into the wall.

Valack jabbed a trepanation drill into the back of Theo's leg, causing him to drop Lydia. Valack hit Theo in the face with the trepanation drill before grabbing Lydia and running off.

I started running after them.

A flaming Corey appeared and knocked me back, giving Valack a chance to escape.

I rolled Corey off and continued after Valack and Lydia, only to be stopped by a locked door.

I tried kicking the door and Theo walked up behind me. "Let me try. You're not gonna find her without me."

I glared at him. "You're the reason she's in here."

"Stiles, I want her out of here, too. I've got her scent."

I eyed him suspiciously. "What is it you want, Theo?"

"What's the difference?"

"Humph."

"I can find her. You can't."

We entered a bathroom full of boys.

Theo noticed a vent blowing steam into the shower room. "It leads to the tunnels, doesn't it?"

I nodded. "There's miles of them. They could be anywhere by now."

We climbed down into the tunnels and walked through the corridors. After awhile, I said, "I thought you had her scent."

"I lost it," Theo replied.

"Find it again."

Theo turned to me. "What do you smell down here?"

"Chemicals and fecal matter. Although, I'm pretty sure the fecal matter is you."

Theo rolled his eyes. "I smell it too. It's all that I can smell. Which is why I'm trying something else. So can you shut up and let me concentrate?"

"We're gonna find them."

"You know you won't, Stiles. You're going to have to trust me."

I scoffed. "Trust you? The guy who murdered his own sister when he was nine?"

"Yeah, I was nine years old. I also believed a guy in a red jacket came down the chimney to deliver presents. So when three people in leather masks showed up and said that my sister want me to have her heart, I believed them too."

"So then you gutted her and killed her. That's a beautiful story."

Theo's gaze hardened. "I watched her fall into the water and freeze to death in minutes. Do you think I had any idea what was going on?"

I narrowed my eyes. "I think you pushed her. And I think you liked it."

We heard a scream. "Lydia," I noted. "What direction did that come from?"

"Everywhere," Theo said.

I groaned. "Nothing. Great. You're just as useless as I am. You want Lydia because she gets you to Parrish and you want Parrish because he gets you to the Beast."