68

Eliana's POV:

We made our way back to Scott's and as soon as Stiles saw the alpha, he asked, "Hey, is Kira okay? Scott?"

Scott ignored him and rushed up the stairs. I ran up just in time to see Scott insert his claws in the back of Corey's neck. I frowned, confused as to what was going on. It seemed everyone but me was acting weird.

The group soon joined together, and Lydia warned, "Don't get too close."

"What is he doing?" Theo asked.

"Tapping into Corey's memories. It's usually something only alphas do."

I noticed a suspicious look in Theo's eye as he wondered, "Is it as dangerous as it looks?"

Stiles looked to Theo. "Probably more."

"Does anyone know if it's working?" Mason questioned.

Corey repeated 'no' over and over and moments later, Scott fell backwards.

Corey placed a hand on the back of his neck. "What the hell did you do to me?"

"You'll be all right," Scott told him.

"There's blood."

"You'll heal."

"Scott..." I warned, disappointed and not pleased by his actions.

"Eliana, he'll be fine!" His gaze softened, seeing my glare. "Sorry. Listen... I think it worked. I saw something." He grabbed a notepad and began sketching an image. "There were tunnels. Pipes along the wall. There were these plue popes at the entrance. Two on both sides."

Stiles looked closer at the drawing. "Wait a second. I know this. I've seen this before. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in. Remember my dad caught me one time and told me to never go back?"

Lydia's eyes widened. "It's the water treatment plant. That's where they are. That's where we'll find them."

Scott and I ran down the stairs, Stiles on their tails. "Scott... Ella. Scott, slow down. Just think for a second, okay?"

I noticed Mason following us and shook my head. "Stay here, Mason."

He frowned. "Liam's my best friend."

Stiles scoffed. "Oh, did you suddenly get super wolf powers or super powerful demigod powers? I wasn't aware of that development."

Scott ignored his words. "Well, if you're not going, I could use the help."

Stiles nodded. "No, I'm coming, just as soon as I talk to my dad and Ella's dad. They're moving the body and they want to make sure that this time, no one steals it."

I frowned. "How are they gonna see to that?"

"I don't know. But whoever took the last one was strong enough to flip my Jeep."

"We can bring Theo," Malia suggested.

I huffed. "Oh, sure. Bring Theo. What a splendid idea! Are you out of your mind?!"

Theo shook his head. "Maybe I better stay here. You know, in case the Doctors decide to make a house call for Corey."

Lydia stepped closer to us. "Scott, Ella, Stiles is right. We need to slow down at think."

Scott narrowed his eyes. "I am thinking... about how Liam and Hayden could already be dead."

I shook my head. "Somehow I don't think so."

Lydia looked back at Corey. "You could have hurt him, Scott. Really hurt him."

Scott kept walking, followed by me, Malia and Corey. "I have to find Liam."

Stiles placed a hand on Malia's shoulder. "Text me. For anything."

She nodded. "Yeah."

"For anything, okay?"

"I said I would."

He nodded and kissed her.

---

We arrived at the water treatment plant and started walking down the corridors, pipes on either side. The boys were ahead of me and Malia.

"Liam!" we called.

After a moment, Malia asked, "Can you or Ella catch a scent?"

Scott shook his head. "There's too many chemicals."

I shook my head as well. "Me neither. God, the smell is so strong!"

"Then this might take awhile," Malia said.

We continued walking down the corridor and calling for Liam and Hayden. Scott turned and said breathlessly, "Okay, we need to make sure that we're not covering the same area."

I looked at him. "Scott, do you need your inhaler?"

"Quiet," he replied. "I think I hear something."

The same noise caught Malia's and my attention before she asked, "It's the lights, isn't it?"

Scott motioned for the group to follow him. "Come on. This way."

Mason sighed. "I'm telling you guys, we've been down this before."

Scott stopped and stared at the looming tunnel. "What the hell are we doing? We're running up and down this place. Up and down the tunnels. And there's no way..." He took a moment to catch his breath. "There's no way that we're gonna find..." He continued to struggle for air.

"Scott, you need your inhaler," Malia told him. "Scott, use it. Use your inhaler."

His wheezing intensified and he pulled out his inhaler. He took a puff and his breath normalized. "This is all my fault. We're never going to find them. It's all my fault."

"Scott," Mason called, offering a hand which Scott accepted. "We should keep looking. We should keep trying."

Scott looked to me and Malia and we nodded.

We continued searching and were told that Liam and Hayden had been found.

Finally, something good.

---

As soon as we got back to Scott's, Liam and Hayden were cuddling on the couch. I walked up and asked, "You two okay?"

Liam nodded. "We are now."

"Good. Rest up. Things haven't died down."

Hayden smiled. "Thank you, Eliana."

"Sure."

I made my way home and collapsed on my bed.

My dad knocked on the door and asked, "Everything okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, just tired. It's been a long night."

"All right, sleep well, kiddo. I love you."

"Thanks, Dad. Love you too."