87

Eliana's POV:

Malia sat on Theo's chest, pounding his face repeatedly.

"It's okay," Theo said. "You don't have to stop."

"Trust me, I won't," Malia growled.

I glared at him and turned to Malia. "Don't stop."

Theo smiled suggestively at me. "I missed that."

My gaze hardened. "Don't test me. I will rip your fucking throat out with my teeth."

Scott grabbed Malia and held her by the waist. "Slow down, okay? Ella, no. He's going back in the ground."

Liam shook his head. "You can't. He remembers Stiles."

I scoffed darkly. "He what?"

Malia glared at Theo and sneered. "Scott remembers Stiles. Ella, Lydia, and I remember Stiles."

"The Dread Doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt. He can help us," Liam protested.

I narrowed my eyes. "How the hell do we know we can trust him?"

Scott glanced to her. "She's right. He could kill us."

I flicked my claws closer to Theo's neck.

Scott pulled me back and Liam shook his head. "He's my responsibility." He held up a sword. "Mrs. Yukimura gave me the sword."

Theo sighed. "It's so awkward when Mom and Dad fight."

"Shut up!" we cried.

Hayden appeared and said, "You're both right. If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the Skinwalkers. But for right now..."

"He goes back now," Scott interrupted.

"Except Liam's the one with the correct sword," Theo pointed out.

"Shut up!" we yelled.

Scott pinched the bridge of his nose, motioning for me and Liam to follow him.

We made our way into the kitchen and Scott crossed his arms. Liam frowned and asked, "What, you don't trust me?"

Scott sighed. "I don't trust him. Ella?"

I shook my head. "Hell no."

Scott nodded and turned to Liam. "Remember who he is. He got into your head and tried to kill me. And when that didn't work, he killed me. And Tracy, and Josh and his sister."

Liam pursed his lips. "But this might be our only chance to get Stiles back."

Scott's eyes narrowed. "Can't we just try to find somebody that we at least trust?"

"This might be a mistake. But you don't know that yet. And you made some mistakes when you were learning to be an alpha."

Scott nodded. "I made a lot. But we don't have time for mistakes. Ella and I can't lose Stiles."

Liam's eyes shined a little brighter. "So we should try anything we can to save him. Right? Even Theo."

"Convince us," Scott told him.

I narrowed my eyes. "Convince him. I'm not working with that asshole."

We walked back into the living room and Liam walked towards Theo. "I can put you back in the ground at any time."

Theo smirked. "You also need a transformer that can handle five billion joules of electricity. I know where to find one and I can show you how it works. I'll tell you if Malia and Ella promise not to kill me."

"Eliana, douchebag," I corrected.

Malia let out a growl and I flicked my claws and showed my werewolf eyes.

"They promise," Liam said.

Malia glared at Scott. "No I don't. We're really gonna do this? Trust him?"

I scoffed. "I'm refuse."

Scott sighed. "We're not going to trust him. We're going to use him."

"You got a better idea?" Hayden snapped.

"I've got an idea. It may not be better, but at least it's not him," Malia retorted before walking off.

---

I stalked away and made my way home.

Evan glanced up at me. "Whoa. I can almost see the anger radiating from you. What happened?"

"Theo's back," I replied.

"Theo Raeken? I thought he was swallowed into the ground."

"He was. And now he's back. That mother-"

"Eliana Rose Hart, don't you dare finish that sentence," my dad said. "Any luck with this Stiles?"

"Yeah, maybe. Apparently Theo remembers him, which is fan-fu -- fantastic. Note the sarcasm. So maybe that's something. I don't know. I'm going upstairs."

I made my way to my room and sat in my desk chair. As I sat silently, a familiar face came to mind.

A soft smile crossed my face as Derek flooded my thoughts. I missed him a lot. It slowly dawned to me that, through all the giddy happiness and the safe feeling I got around him, I loved him. A lot. Whoa.