03

"So you killed her?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know," Scott replied. "I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently.

"I've had some pretty bad ones myself," I admitted quietly.

Scott gave me a sympathetic look before saying, ""A," I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and "B," never give me that much detail about you in your bed again, and "C," there's a girl here."

Stiles flashed me an apologetic smile. "Right. Let me take a guess here--"

Scott cut him off. "No, I know you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No, of course not. Yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazing. That goes for you too, Ella. "You know, it's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginners class you can take."

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher. Eliana certainly has some sort of control. Maybe she's got a teacher?"

I frowned. "Or maybe I'm better at controlling my animal-like instincts. And maybe I've been a werewolf for longer than you think."

Stiles looked between us and focused on Scott before saying, "Who, Derek? You're forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail."

I let out a growl. "You mean where you two got him tossed in jail. I never thought he killed that girl."

Scott frowned. "Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real."

"How real?" Stiles and I asked.

"Like it actually happened."

We walked outside a set of double doors and saw a crumpled, bloodied bus.

"I think it did," Stiles said. "She's probably fine."

"She's not answering my texts, Stiles," Scott replied in a panicked tone.

I glanced at Scott. "It could just be a coincidence, all right?"

"A seriously amazing coincidence," Stiles added.

Scott frowned at us. "Just help me find her, okay? Do either of you see her?"

"No," Stiles and I replied, looking in opposite directions.

Allison bumped into Scott and said, "You scared the hell outta me."

"You're okay," Scott breathed, obviously relieved.

"Once my heart starts beating again, yeah. What?"

"I'm just happy to see you."

The loudspeaker caught our attention. "Attention, students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled."

Allison ruffled Scott's hair. "Save me a seat at lunch?"

Scott nodded, catching Jackson's eye. "Yeah."

"What are you looking at, asswipe?" Jackson asked harshly.

We entered Harris' class and Scott said, "Maybe it was my blood on the door."

"Could have been animal blood," I guessed.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, you know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something."