46

Eliana's POV:

Sheriff Stilinski held up a pair of handcuffs and Void asked in a taunting voice, "You want to handcuff me?"

The sheriff frowned at him. "If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly, and he'll come with me because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and others." He was close enough to touch his son, and Void held up his wrists and the sheriff cuffed him. A sadistic smirk crossed Void's face and the sheriff noticed. "You're not my son."

Void's smirked deepened and he broke the handcuffs and flung them to the ground. Allison walked over to him and tried to stun him. He grabbed the electricity as he pulled the wires from his body. The entire time, he was staring at us. Honestly, terrifying.

Derek and I shifted and rushed Void, but his fist was grabbed. I winced, hearing bones cracking as Derek's arm was thrust behind his back. Instantly, I fell to the ground in pain. He groaned in pain and was slammed into a post.

I glared at Void. "Stop hurting him!"

Derek fell to the ground and I stumbled over to him. "Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'll heal. Are you okay?" He brushed my hair back.

"Yeah, I'll live. Stupid mate thing."

Derek chuckled softly. "I don't know if I'd call it stupid."

Argent raised his gun and cocked it. Allison and the sheriff attempted to persuade him otherwise. "Argent, listen to me. Don't do this."

He shot the sheriff a look. "Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, Berserkers. I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."

Sheriff Stilinski cocked his gun and aimed it at Argent. "You're not going to shoot my son."

"You said it yourself, Sheriff. That's not your son," Argent reminded the sheriff.

"Put it down. Put it down," the sheriff demanded.

Void's voice took on a heartbreaking tone. "Dad, he's going to shoot me. He's going to kill me, Dad."

I noticed a faint smirk behind Void's panic and Argent said, "Don't listen."

The sheriff's voice rose in volume. "Put it down. Now! Do it! Put it down!"

Void's smirk returned. "Pull the trigger. Come on."

"Listen to me. You put the gun down now!" Sheriff Stilinski exclaimed.

"Shoot me," Void ordered.

"Put the gun down now!"

"Dad," Allison warned.

"Shoot me!"

"Put the gun down now!" the sheriff cried.

"Shoot me!"

"Argent, you put it down!"

I frowned. "Strife. This is what he wants. Guys!"

"Put it down! Put it down!"

The loft darkened and I realized the Oni were going to appear at any moment. Allison attempted to gather their attention. "Stop, stop it! This is what he wants. This is exactly what he wants."

Everyone was focused on what they were doing, I let out a loud roar. "Sorry to scare you, but this is what he wants! We're playing right into his hands!"

Void looked at me and smirked as he cocked his head. "Not exactly. I was kind of hoping Scott and that father of yours would be here. But I'm glad you all have your guns and swords out. Because you're not here to kill me." He turned to look outside the window as the Oni appeared. "You're here to protect me."