12

Derek's POV:

The next day consisted of more torture, more electrocution, and more questions.

By the time night rolled around, at least I thought it was night, Ella had passed out a couple more times and a familiar face appeared. Some werewolves don't do well with electrocution.

My body throbbed as the knife was dragged across Ella's abdomen. In between her groans and silent tears, she spit in the man's face and growled menacingly. That earned her a slap to the cheek. She looked down, growling again, and her eyes were glowing blue.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you not to hit a girl?" She asked.

The man laughed sarcastically. "You're no girl."

Ella smirked. "You're right. I'm a fucking werewolf, and you have no idea what I can do."

As though she got a burst of courage, she shifted and broke from her chains.

She glanced to me and whispered, "I'm gonna get help."

"Hurry," I replied softly. "And be careful."

She nodded and left.

It felt like a light had been turned off. The machine was pressed and I felt the electricity coursing through my veins. The only sound I could hear were my tormented screams. As much as I didn't want to give them the satisfaction, I couldn't help it. Between feeling Ella's pain and my own, I was finding it hard to withstand.

The man asked, "Is it too much for you?"

I glared at him. "Not even close. Do your worst."

Though I kept earning new wounds, I could feel the old ones slowly healing. Thank God.

I could only hope Ella was on her way.

She showed up a few minutes later with Scott.

I frowned. "That's your help?"

She glared at me. "You wanted help, I delivered."

"Fine. Scott, help me with this."

"No," Scott said.

"What?"

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter."

Ella scoffed. "You really wanna talk about this right now?"

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them."

"So what?" I asked, seeing Ella's jaw clench in anger.

"So tell me how to stop him."

"You can't! All right? Now, I don't know when Kate's coming back. Just--Just get me out of this right now! Get me out right now!"

"Promise you'll help me."

"You want me to risk my life for your little girlfriend? For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing? You're not in love, Scott. You're 16-years-old. You're a child."

"Derek, enough," Ella warned with an edge to her voice.

"Maybe you're right," Scott said. "But I know something you don't know. Peter said he didn't know was he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied. He was wrong." He showed a picture of the dead deer. "This is what brought your sister back to Beacon Hills, right?"

"Where did you get that?" I asked angrily.

"My boss told me three months ago someone came to the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you wanna know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha, and that's why you're going to help me. Just say you'll help me. Just say you'll help me, and I'll help you unlock your other--"